GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full E85 GTI

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Hello everyone! Thought some of you may benefit from watching what a full e85 mk7 gti is like against many other popular car brands. This is your (factory turbo) budget built setup that many of us have come to love in our MQB platforms which include only the most responsive mods per dollar for these cars.

mods list include:
downpipe
front mount intercooler
stock airbox with snow grate removed and drop in filter
hpfp

and of course, a pro tune on Cobb to tie everything all together. Here is the video found on youtube, enjoy

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
How are you running full e85 on just a hpfp?

Navi

Autocross Champion

and probably right at the limit of fueling even with that hpfp.

My friend just did lpfp with no other fueling mods, and his setup has much more fuel available compared to mine with hpfp. Same mods, same turbo. I think an lpfp on is20 with e85 would be fun.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Aftermarket LPFP gets bottlenecked by the stock HPFP, you end up with stock fueling.

I've tried it, pagparts 525 with a PM4 and 100% duty, MPI turned off, runs out of fuel at exactly the same place as a stock fuel system, meaning all that low side pressure translates to nothing additional on the other side of the stock HPFP.

Navi

Autocross Champion
damn, maybe i'm looking at it wrong. But I was shopping options for fueling, and I was told not to run an HPFP with LPFP. Is this incorrect? And the reason why I say I'm running out of fuel is bc I'm on pump and will not be able to flow enough fuel to run ethanol. That's based on what the tuner said. Not sure what parameters he looks at.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
damn, maybe i'm looking at it wrong. But I was shopping options for fueling, and I was told not to run an HPFP with LPFP. Is this incorrect? And the reason why I say I'm running out of fuel is bc I'm on pump and will not be able to flow enough fuel to run ethanol. That's based on what the tuner said. Not sure what parameters he looks at.
Are you cobb or maestro?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Simple way to look at the 2 is, HPFP is cam driven so its limit point is at the peak TQ say 4k range while the LPFP is going to help up top to keep up with HPFP when is pump stroke is that much quicker at the High rpms.

since a stock is20 such up top in regards to flow its fueling demand is really at the Peak TQ range, since you got a hybrid 20 that's capable to flow up top as well as down low you get a steady demand and need for fuel.

your on HPFP right now right?

Im in the process of getting my hybrid 38 tuned right now and I'm on hpfp and a smaller 305 Lpfp, the goal is for the the turbo to not taper the boost so hopefully i will be able to get say E60 with the set up but we will see.

sucks cause this is really just temp now, lol - i went HPFP+LPFP cause it felt like cobb was a ways out with the MPI activation for 2019s lol, my end goal is full e85, so getting ride of the hpfp, getting a bigger Lp and MPI is really in my near future.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Aftermarket LPFP gets bottlenecked by the stock HPFP, you end up with stock fueling.

I've tried it, pagparts 525 with a PM4 and 100% duty, MPI turned off, runs out of fuel at exactly the same place as a stock fuel system, meaning all that low side pressure translates to nothing additional on the other side of the stock HPFP.
Hoon, was this on a stock is20 too at the time?