GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I left my original in, 92,000 miles and counting issue free
I went through 3 of them, wait no 4, 2 came defective, 1 blew up after about 2k miles and the 4th worked till i pulled kit out of car to sell the car

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I went through 3 of them, wait no 4, 2 came defective, 1 blew up after about 2k miles and the 4th worked till i pulled kit out of car to sell the car

I remember, you having issues is why I didn’t risk installing a new one. Ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Original RMS hasn’t leaked a drop either

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I remember, you having issues is why I didn’t risk installing a new one. Ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Original RMS hasn’t leaked a drop either
Don't blame you, I wouldn't have swapped it either, gotta say I dont miss all the headaches I had with it, love my dsg, just have a new set of headaches since I've had my S3 lol

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
What made you choose DKM? The benefits outweigh the risk?

I think most of the issues had to do with the tob and possibly installation issues. I read through everything, will be using locktight, will be doong rms at the same time and hoping to knock it all out in my driveway Friday. My TTRS clutch finally gave up on me and slips up top so here we are.

Also ive had normal smf in the past, and the noise just sucks, hoping this one is better, and i need something that can hold a boat load.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I think most of the issues had to do with the tob and possibly installation issues. I read through everything, will be using locktight, will be doong rms at the same time and hoping to knock it all out in my driveway Friday. My TTRS clutch finally gave up on me and slips up top so here we are.
Nice, good luck Friday

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Also ive had normal smf in the past, and the noise just sucks, hoping this one is better, and i need something that can hold a boat load.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend installing a Fluidampr as well. I did one shortly after installing my DKM SMF and it helped reduce the chatter.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend installing a Fluidampr as well. I did one shortly after installing my DKM SMF and it helped reduce the chatter.
Yup I've had one one for a few years now, so i dont even remember what it is was like before.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yup, same boat. Did Fluidampr at time of DKM MS clutch install and noticed how much smoother the RPMs climbed as a result.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
20200731_115815.jpg

Lets be honest. If you are by yourself on jack stands... this sucks.