GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So in your case, the quick lube place is more like an indy than a quick lube place.

Yes. It's a franchise but the original owner is still there. They do all mechanical work also unlike the iffy lube places you're thinking of.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yeah i know, lol im in a apartment, not much room for oil changes, ive been meaning to get an extractor,
extractors are good, I have used it along with many people here multiple times. I believe the tech was just saying every few times do a drain from the plug as its known the extractor doesn't get 100% of the oil out, so there could be some build up from below. Not a huge issue tho. I'm sure there are people here for have used an extractor for lots of miles with no issues i.e me (25k miles no plug drain)

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
2019 Golf R: Why/What is this little rectangle indention on the top of the passenger side rear spoiler?

zzz.jpg

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
I'm interested in getting some aftermarket wheels for my Alltrack, and I just want to verify that I'm planning everything correctly. Wheel hub is 57mm and the wheels I'm looking at have a 67mm hub bore. I would also like some spacers, and the ones I'm looking at have a 57mm bore as well. Would I install the spacer onto the hub with the extended lugs bolts (do I need conical?), then the hub centric ring for 57 to 67mm, then the wheel? Is that everything I need?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure there is a fail safe of sorts for manually shifting the DSG trans, so you can't accidentally shift into 1st doing 30mph. My question is, does anyone know at what speed (or RPM) for each gear that you cannot downshift?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm sure there is a fail safe of sorts for manually shifting the DSG trans, so you can't accidentally shift into 1st doing 30mph. My question is, does anyone know at what speed (or RPM) for each gear that you cannot downshift?

I don't know about stock but with a staged DSG tune from EQT you can accidentally downshift to a lower gear and over rev it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't know about stock but with a staged DSG tune from EQT you can accidentally downshift to a lower gear and over rev it.
Auto money shift? Awesome

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Weird. It looks like a space for an manufacturer logo plate, like Oettinger.
that's what I thought when I saw it.

coin tray for when you self serve car wash? ;)
Bingo...that's not a stock rear spoiler anyways, so it's for a logo emblem. Is that a shadow or indention in the middle of it?

Never occurred to me that it was not stock as it is perfectly paint-matched. (Not a big VW enthusiast, just like the GTI I bought last year, so grabbed one of these when I gave the GTI to my son.) Thanks for setting me straight on this.

IMG_20200726_130116.jpg IMG_20200729_104611.jpg IMG_20200729_104633.jpg

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG