GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climatronic new fully tactile for golf 7

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
The answer is.. sort of..

I had a conversation about this further up in the thread. Please take a look.
I understand. Did you install climatronic by ac manual? Do you have the link on aliexpress? I would like to change even if some functions did not work. It was more for aesthetics ... You see.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I understand. Did you install climatronic by ac manual? Do you have the link on aliexpress? I would like to change even if some functions did not work. It was more for aesthetics ... You see.

Something like this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXaCLFT

If you do a search in AliExpress for "golf 7 climatronic" you'll find a few listings.

You may choose to purchase just a harness and sensor combo without the panel and then get a panel locally - that's what I did.

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Something like this: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXaCLFT

If you do a search in AliExpress for "golf 7 climatronic" you'll find a few listings.

You may choose to purchase just a harness and sensor combo without the panel and then get a panel locally - that's what I did.
Perfect. Thank you. Do you have to adapt or is it plug and play? Do you have a video or tutorial teaching how to install or some guidelines?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Perfect. Thank you. Do you have to adapt or is it plug and play? Do you have a video or tutorial teaching how to install or some guidelines?
The harness does most of the work.

You'll probably want to copy your long coding string from the old panel to the new one, but other than that it should be fine.

Expect about 6 faults to never go away (missing sensors).

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
The harness does most of the work.

You'll probably want to copy your long coding string from the old panel to the new one, but other than that it should be fine.

Expect about 6 faults to never go away (missing sensors).
But is it necessary to install these two sensors?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Perfect. Do you have a tutorial or video to help me with the installation?
Unfortunately not.

The panel is pretty much plug and play. Remove the old one, plug the existing harness into the new harness then the new harness into the new panel.

For the new sensors, there's a removable panel on each side of the car when you open the door. Inside there you'll find the air pipe and a rubber grommet covering a hole - the sensor locks into that hole.

You may want to download the repair manual for your car and find further details on the sensor location.

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
@IWMTom Hi are you talking about the errors you have, I just want to know, original did you have manual or automatic air conditioning? So that I can understand

Florian

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf7 full very full
Yes, I'm referring to errors when swapping a Climatic panel with Climatronic.
[/CITATION]

Okay, so it was originally manual? Maybe that's why the errors, because originally it was automatic and I assure you that there are no errors even on Odis that's why I didn't understand why you said that.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Something tells me you haven't read the whole thread........ it's deviated away from your touch screen retrofit and instead in to whether climatic can be replaced with climatronic.