GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

FST_NML

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI S DSG LP/PP
Appreciate you doing this! Any chance your car is the DSG 7 Speed guinea pig too?
The TCU tune for the DSG7 is already out if that's what you meant, released last week with the GTI e30 OTS tunes.

Never mind, it was only for the R

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
It is indeed. (y)

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Here's another I managed to grab coming home from work.

AC off
TC fully disabled
< half tank
Outdoor temp 106 degrees

The only thing not optimal (aside from the heinous hot summer) is it was done with the eth sensor showing E27.9 and not E30+ - I mixed up my last tank with the last of the E I keep and came up just a bit short with no more left.

https://datazap.me/u/ridebjj/log-1595370214?log=0&data=4-7

Includes targeted boost, manifold pressure etc.

Targeted boost and actual boost are never exactly the same, are they? I'm no expert but I thought I've read (in various forums about various cars) it's normal for actual to be ~1 or 2 psi lower than requested?

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Your turbo is working overtime to get what ya got (turbine actual is @100% most of the pull). Also, you're getting some knock up top. Even with that big ass IC, the heat is killing you. Up the E a smidge.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i just checked on the log for my base tune file I'm one and the PUT set point the PUT pressure never go outside the range of .5 +/-

also can someone explain what the parameter/how to read the wastegate Mass flow ? I'm assuming the higher number means its open more, but what's the range of full open to full closed? i see on ridebjj his pretty much stays at 60s, on a recent log of mine its at 60 by 3500 and move up concurrently with the RPMs and it at 167 by 6500.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Your turbo is working overtime to get what ya got (turbine actual is @100% most of the pull). Also, you're getting some knock up top. Even with that big ass IC, the heat is killing you. Up the E a smidge.

Right. Iirc, my first log some days ago had 0 knock with my sensor showing E30.9

This time around I was E27.9, so that makes sense.

Is turbo actual at 100% like that normal in these conditions? Or does it indicate a possible problem?

It's hot as fuck, that's for sure. I'd like to do a log first thing in the morning when it's only 80 out but I dunno if I can defeat my laziness for that.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
since he don't have the turbine base value logs, is it possible the tune is set up to have it working at 90+

is there a way to confirm KR is related solely to heat?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
since he don't have the turbine base value logs, is it possible the tune is set up to have it working at 90+

is there a way to confirm KR is related solely to heat?

Doubt it's tuned that way, mine sits around 75-80% and I have same tune. And with IATs @ 120+, hard not to ignore heat when knock pops up. That or fuel related.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
That 2019 E30 tune is coming. Dropped my car off today for Ed to use as a guinea pig next week. Looking forward to the results.

hows the progress?