GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Hello fellow MK7 enthusiasts! I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with the Goodyear Exhilarates yet? I have a chance to get them locally with some rebates and am highly considering it. I did some research on here and tire rack and it seems to be a pretty solid all-season tire. I live in the mountains (well more of a valley here in WV) and see all of the elements at some point lol. Snow hasn’t been so bad over the past couple of years IMO. I would be pairing them with a set of RSE11rs that are 18/8.5 45 offset. Planning on going with 235/40. I’m running on stock height right now and don’t plan on changing it anytime soon due to the nature of the roads and terrain here. Goodyear store said they could do it out the door for 660 after rebates. Yay or Nay? Any suggestions? My only other trusted tire place here is an NTB. I can get the DWS 06 there out the door for around 750, if I remember correctly.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I have no basis for comparison, but love my General GMax AS tires. Plus, they're less $.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I have no basis for comparison, but love my General GMax AS tires. Plus, they're less $.
I have heard good things about those General Gmax AS tires. A friend of mine has them on his car and talked highly about them.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Those Quatracs do look pretty good. First time seeing them, thanks for posting the link!

I think I read VW is going to be using Quatracs as an OEM tire for the MK8 but dunno if it will be the same ones I linked.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just buy Michelin AS3's and be done with it. DWS's if you don't want/can't swing them.

It seems the OP wants more of a true all-season. They are terrible in the winter and are known for being harsh on crappy roads. They are also being discontinued.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Yea, I was hoping to find something that could do well where I live. We get a mixed bag of weather throughout the seasons and our roads are mostly terrible lol. I may go ahead and pull the trigger tomorrow on those Goodyears since I can get them for around 660 out the door. I have some time so I am in no super big rush.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Yea, I was hoping to find something that could do well where I live. We get a mixed bag of weather throughout the seasons and our roads are mostly terrible lol. I may go ahead and pull the trigger tomorrow on those Goodyears since I can get them for around 660 out the door. I have some time so I am in no super big rush.

Yeah I am trying to decide between all 3 we discussed in this thread. What tires are you on now?

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Yeah I am trying to decide between all 3 we discussed in this thread. What tires are you on now?
I am on the stock Pirellis (Centurato p7).. Not gonna lie, the Pirellis actually serve me well in the rain on the interstate lol

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I am on the stock Pirellis (Centurato p7).. Not gonna lie, the Pirellis actually serve me well in the rain on the interstate lol

Okay perfect. If you buy the Exhilarates let me know how they compare as far as ride quality and road noise goes. The handling and grip should be much better.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Okay perfect. If you buy the Exhilarates let me know how they compare as far as ride quality and road noise goes. The handling and grip should be much better.
Will do! I may have them ordered by the end of this week if everything else goes well lol

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I drive a MK6. I have owned a few sets of the Michelin AS3+ and really enjoyed them. The last time, I tried a set of the Exhilarates. I can’t wait for them to wear out. They aren’t bad. They just don’t feel as crisp as the Michelin’s. I find it harder to not spin tires on takeoff as well.