GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Random manufacturing packaging!??

Garwood

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So there I was looking in my engine bay when I spotted what looks like plastic wrapper wedged in the bodywork of my car. My heart speeds up ....what is this I found? is this the drug stash from the previous owner? Is this from that crappy repair that was done? As I pull the plastic out it appears that it’s from Volkswagen!? and the registration date tallies up to the car. I found this tucked in both sides of my chassis bodywork. Anyone else got this? Anyone know what it could be?

Attachments

• B3FF9FB5-C52B-42FD-A725-05463B0791DE.jpeg
    B3FF9FB5-C52B-42FD-A725-05463B0791DE.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 387
  • B32A7FE5-7F40-46BC-8795-64EC1FC4C220.jpeg
    B32A7FE5-7F40-46BC-8795-64EC1FC4C220.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 898
  • 6AAB39EB-92AD-47AC-BC49-B4ECC610EDA2.jpeg
    6AAB39EB-92AD-47AC-BC49-B4ECC610EDA2.jpeg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 286

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
wow.....I literally would have never guessed! that's crazy....I'd have thrown it away.....what the crap does it do?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My MKV had foam shoved up in the front fenders. Not sure if it was for sound dampening or what, but it eventually got damp causing rust from the inside out. Covered under warranty at 9 years old haha.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
wow.....I literally would have never guessed! that's crazy....I'd have thrown it away.....what the crap does it do?

I think its to block up the front hole gap between the side wing & the inner brace as otherwise it lets air into this cavity which could create noise at speed....

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Drive around without it and see if you notice any differences in NVH

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I think its to block up the front hole gap between the side wing & the inner brace as otherwise it lets air into this cavity which could create noise at speed....
winner winner. Yeah, it's basically body fill / noise damping. Foams are great for that. They seal them in plastic to reduce moisture entrapment and to reduce potential for moisture against the metal.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Worst case scenario is that the wind pressure forces the wing off at motorway speed into the following traffic....:unsure::cool::ROFLMAO: