GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

tgtmkt

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Try a different gas station, I think EQT recommends 76 in California.

Yes you should get the DSG tune aswell, contact Cobb support to purchase if your AP is not DSG unlocked.
EQT can also enable the DSG function in your Cobb. Same price as going to Cobb directly and it passe along some pennies to Ed and his crew.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
EQT can also enable the DSG function in your Cobb. Same price as going to Cobb directly and it passe along some pennies to Ed and his crew.

Plus it saves time because if you get an EQT DSG tune you can get it at the same time.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
84%??? Damn man, you're lucky. The most I've gotten is 78.
Oh yeah. Last summer I got 85-86% a few times. The place rocks for E85, lots of folks use it for the high E content. Glad I have the Fuel-it.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
What are your thoughts on running an EQT 91 octane tune on 93 octane for a bit of added safety?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well, no. You put the sensor in just leave it unplugged up top.

I tested that. I ran 10 tanks of gas with the 02 sensor diconnected up top and 10 tanks with it connected and saw zero difference in MPG. I'm not buying that leaving the 02 sensor plugged in will cause it to run rich over time. And my testing is relatively controlled because I run a delivery route that's very similar everyday. I'm going to leave mine unplugged but not because there's any proof of it running rich over time.