GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Honestly if you're having doubts, just go Stage 1. The difference is already huge from stock to Stage 1, and it will still put a huge smile on your face, even for regular driving (especially if you get the DSG tune as well).
Looks like he already has a DP as it is written in his signature, @Supermoto just get the E30 tune and enjoy the car without having to worry to much about the shitty Cali91.

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I don't really have anywhere to use most of the stock power unless I go out of my way. Maybe try to change it to Stage 1 or do you already have Stage 2 mods?

Honestly if you're having doubts, just go Stage 1. The difference is already huge from stock to Stage 1, and it will still put a huge smile on your face, even for regular driving (especially if you get the DSG tune as well).
I do actually think I will eventually tune the DSG. In day to day driving, the stock TCU map is just clunky and irritating at times. I have heard the TCU tunes really fix the DSG and make it amazing to drive.

Looks like he already has a DP as it is written in his signature, @Supermoto just get the E30 tune and enjoy the car witout having to worry to much about the getting shitty Cali91.

Yep, already have the downpipe installed. I've been running it for two years on stock tune just for the sound difference and a bit ore stock power. I cant find any E30 stations near me otherwise I'd go that route. I wish we had 93 octane lmao. I am mainly hesitant and considering canceling my order due to the fact that I can't imagine needing even more power than I already have. I do like to get on it every now and then, but when it comes down to it this car is a daily driver, not a drag/track toy. I only use the full stock power on occasion as it is.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I do actually think I will eventually tune the DSG. In day to day driving, the stock TCU map is just clunky and irritating at times. I have heard the TCU tunes really fix the DSG and make it amazing to drive.

Yep, already have the downpipe installed. I've been running it for two years on stock tune just for the sound difference and a bit ore stock power. I cant find any E30 stations near me otherwise I'd go that route. I wish we had 93 octane lmao. I am mainly hesitant and considering canceling my order due to the fact that I can't imagine needing even more power than I already have. I do like to get on it every now and then, but when it comes down to it this car is a daily driver, not a drag/track toy. I only use the full stock power on occasion as it is.
Looks like I was in a hurry when I responded not having time to spell check. 😄
The power is addictive and I dont think you will regret it.

For the E30 tune you run 3-4 gallons E85 per tank depending on Ethanol content of the pump, I think Ed has said E25-35 is ok on the E30 OTS tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I would absolutely get the DSG tune. You really can't imagine the difference. And since you have to get an Access Port anyway just use a stage 1 tune.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Looks like I was in a hurry when I responded not having time to spell check. 😄
The power is addictive and I dont think you will regret it.
For the E30 tune you run 3-4 gallons E85 per tank depending on Ethanol content of the pump, I think Ed has said E25-35 is ok on the E30 OTS tune.
I get that. I used to ride a Ninja 300, WR250X, DRZ400, all smaller bikes. I never understood the appeal of big bikes. Then one day a buddy let me try out his Kawi Z1000... Now I'm riding a Daytona 675 :LOL: . I guess my point is it can be hard to conceptualize what horsepower and torque figures actually mean until you experience it yourself. I dont expect this to be any different.
Edit: Also from a fellow Chris, nice name haha

I would absolutely get the DSG tune. You really can't imagine the difference. And since you have to get an Access Port anyway just use a stage 1 tune.
I will most likely get the DSG tune down the road, the DSG has been great but it can be a bit irritating at times. Any reason not to go stage 2 if I already have all the accompanying hardware?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I get that. I used to ride a Ninja 300, WR250X, DRZ400, all smaller bikes. I never understood the appeal of big bikes. Then one day a buddy let me try out his Kawi Z1000... Now I'm riding a Daytona 675 :LOL: . I guess my point is it can be hard to conceptualize what horsepower and torque figures actually mean until you experience it yourself. I dont expect this to be any different.
Edit: Also from a fellow Chris, nice name haha

I will most likely get the DSG tune down the road, the DSG has been great but it can be a bit irritating at times. Any reason not to go stage 2 if I already have all the accompanying hardware?

No reason at all. If you have the supporting mods definitely get stage 2.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Got the stage 2 installed... Im not sure if im missing something. I don't notice a difference between before and after. The pops/bangs are there in sport mode, but as far as the butt-dyno goes I am not feelin it. Its not exactly what I expected, especially for the money. Perhaps I should flash stage 0 to see what I was missing out on. Maybe my CPO car was already tuned lmao.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Got the stage 2 installed... Im not sure if im missing something. I don't notice a difference between before and after. The pops/bangs are there in sport mode, but as far as the butt-dyno goes I am not feelin it. Its not exactly what I expected, especially for the money. Perhaps I should flash stage 0 to see what I was missing out on. Maybe my CPO car was already tuned lmao.

If you flash the correct tune you wouldn’t be questioning it.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
If you flash the correct tune you wouldn’t be questioning it.
Thats what I thought, but here we are haha. I checked the flashed map, says EQT Stage 2 91 octane. I am flashing Stage 0 to see what it feels like.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I figured it would still beat stock.

Its not a matter of just beating stock, its a matter of keeping things safe while pushing the car. With that said, if you didn't feel anything, than your car was more than likely already tuned. There is no chance you wouldn't feel the difference, ESPECIALLY from Stock to Stage 2.