GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low boost

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
pretty sure you have to cycle vcds each time too
No i checked for binding and I can move it manually using the jam nut with my hands, feels a little stiff and Seems to spring close a little if I let go. Felt different from my is20. I always went back to the vcds main page and clicked on Engine tab and went from there. I powered off the car a few times and disconnected the vcds from the car a few times and same thing.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Sucks because the turbo is new from Shuenk probably less than 500 miles and car has less than 24k miles. It’s not my daily so I didn’t drive the car much until getting tuned for full e85 with sneekytuned. I have all the supporting mods required. I was driving it everyday to get revisions and data but have been having issues with the EPC. I’m thinking the actuator is messed up since it seems to have been happening since the beginning. I’ve heard of someone else having issues with the wastegate and had to get a new one. I’ve emailed Shuenk about my issues, hoping to hear back soon.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
I still have my is20 so I can try that. Can I swap it without taking out the turbo again?

Last edited:

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Did a new turbo resolve your issue? I am getting Similar issues part throttle around 3rd gear and epc light. I got a Shuenk is38+ turbo with pre calibrated actuator. I swapped the DV from my is20 and cleaned the MAP sensor and throttle pipe sensor. Tried new plugs and coils. It passes first adaptation but failed the position test of end stops, I only had ignition on but don’t think it matters. Said it aborted for safety reasons. Also got vcds fault code for overboost condition.

Yes, new turbo fixed the issue. But, the issue was my own fault. The swivel actuator arm was bent. Saw it as soon as I pulled the old one off.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Yes, new turbo fixed the issue. But, the issue was my own fault. The swivel actuator arm was bent. Saw it as soon as I pulled the old one off.
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering what happened. I’m trying to be careful not bending anything messing with the wastegate. Probably have to take the whole turbo out to swap out, not a lot of room.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
So I installed the wastegate from my is20 without removing the turbo, it was a pain though and set to 3.6volts. I got an epc the first two runs I tried but couldn’t get it to fail after that for the night. It would almost consistently fail before under the same conditions. The throttle felt a lot smoother and didn’t feel like it was surging like before. It was very jumpy before pressing on the gas moderately. I plan on adjusting the voltage slightly to get it dialed in. Not sure if I should try higher or lower for my is38 turbo.

Peylix

Passed Driver's Ed
Did a new turbo resolve your issue? I am getting Similar issues part throttle around 3rd gear and epc light. I got a Shuenk is38+ turbo with pre calibrated actuator. I swapped the DV from my is20 and cleaned the MAP sensor and throttle pipe sensor. Tried new plugs and coils. It passes first adaptation but failed the position test of end stops, I only had ignition on but don’t think it matters. Said it aborted for safety reasons. Also got vcds fault code for overboost condition.

Hello fellow new Shuenk owner.

I too ran into WG voltage errors and codes a day after my IS38+ went in.

After weeks of nothing working. I had Shuenk send out a replacement WG actuator. Which resolved my issue.

My initial issue was wandering voltage. It would wander to 4.5v no matter where you set it. It would never adapt either.

The replacement is a MAHLE. Same as what came with the Shuenk IS38+.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Wow, this thread was a Rollercoaster.

Am I right that in the end, both guys with the eqts same issues had the same reason? They both had bent their actuator arms?

The big takeaway for anyone is, if you're a broke ass student with only one car, you can't afford to do mods. Period. Doubly so if you're a combative little dumbass.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Wow, this thread was a Rollercoaster.

Am I right that in the end, both guys with the eqts same issues had the same reason? They both had bent their actuator arms?

The big takeaway for anyone is, if you're a broke ass student with only one car, you can't afford to do mods. Period. Doubly so if you're a combative little dumbass.
Well that a pretty ignorant net you casted there.

Lots of people mod their daily and plenty of people have ran into wastegate issues.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Well that a pretty ignorant net you casted there.

Lots of people mod their daily and plenty of people have ran into wastegate issues.

And how does that have anything to do with the pretty well known "pay to play" factor regarding modding? A college student with little money and no alternate transportation can't pay so he probably shouldn't play, else he ends up in a bad situation like that one guy did.

Obviously people run into issues. That's my whole point. If you aren't prepared for them, you're going to have a bad time.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
Hello fellow new Shuenk owner.

I too ran into WG voltage errors and codes a day after my IS38+ went in.

After weeks of nothing working. I had Shuenk send out a replacement WG actuator. Which resolved my issue.

My initial issue was wandering voltage. It would wander to 4.5v no matter where you set it. It would never adapt either.

The replacement is a MAHLE. Same as what came with the Shuenk IS38+.
You on a E85 tune as well? My issues resolved after putting in my is20 wastegate acuator and a revision on my initial tune from Sneekytuned.