GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Waiting on seatbelts to finish the install, hope the factory heated seats work... haha. A hell of a lot lighter than OEM and they feel really good as well.
received_288337435934297.jpeg

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Can the errors resulting from abandoning heat during a seat swap be coded out?

Navi

Autocross Champion
Really dreading doing my seats when the time comes, which is just around the corner. Seems like a lot just to keep error lights off the dash.

No that bad. The path has been paved. So much easier for you.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Can the errors resulting from abandoning heat during a seat swap be coded out?
Somewhere here there is thread about retrofitting heated seats. You might be able to "undo" the coding changes made for the retrofit since you're doing a heated seat delete. I think it's only one change in the BCM coding for heated seats installed/not installed. There are other adaptations for setting different bottom/back temperatures but those shouldn't matter once you code out the overall heated seat function.

The errors would only show up in a scan. If you don't code out the heaters I suspect you would only get the errors if you tried turning on heated seats as the BCM would power the pins and then throw a code for open circuit when it doesn't sense a load. You could also switch out your climate control panel to one without the heated seat buttons, if you wanted to do a full delete. Might take some digging in ETKA if you have automatic climate control though. I expect most cars with auto climate also have heated seats but I have seen auto climate controls without heated seats (in pictures) so the panel seems to exist.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed one of my grid Q seats today, weighed 24.9 pounds with all accessories. The OEM seat weighed roughly 50 pounds so a decent weight savings. Airbag light is on so will double check the resistor and rail sensor so got a little to do.
20200724_194224.jpg
20200724_194203.jpg

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
After the Macan brakes are installed I am done with this car. Too much money spent at this point.

Pretty sure everyone has said that at some point...

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Pretty sure everyone has said that at some point...

Haha, true. In order for me to continue a car collection I need more than a three car garage. Time to start saving for a bigger house.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Here is the info I gathered thanks to Navi and Darryl at SmithVW. Underseat harnesses are specific to the vehicle, it's options and which the side of the vehicle it's installed. During production in 2016/2017 VW changed from a small black connector to a large red connector. You can use S model seat harness, but it must have correct connector. I will do my best to compile a vehicle harness list.

Seat Heater Part Numbers
GTI/R Leather:
Back: 5GM963557C
Base Driver: 5GM963555D
Base Passenger: 5GM963555H
GTI Cloth:
Back: 5GM963557B
Base Driver: 5GM963555C
Base Passenger: 5GM963555G

Note: My seat base heaters 555C/555G did not have bolster heaters.

I recommend buying a pair of 2 door seat belt receptacles. They are a mounted on a flexible steel cable versus a rigid metal bracket. This little change makes the seat belt much more comfortable and will plug into both 2 door and 4 door harnesses.
2 Door: 5GM857755AYLZ

4 Door Driver: 5GM857755DYLZ

4 Door Passenger: 5GM857756BYLZ

I'm just waiting on my resistors to arrive!
Hey guys just to add to the thread,

The passenger side heating element showed up today from my factory cloth seats, PN-5GM963555G

And it’s doesn’t have the occupancy sensor built into it, the part that gets more confusing is that when viewing the diagrams they show item 22 as the occupancy sensor, but they skips the part call out

https://parts.vw.com/p/5GM963555G.html

6B302C66-7FA1-422A-84A8-50CB047146B0.jpeg