GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Zzakz

Car(s)
Cupra 290
You need to slit the rubber grommet under the brake booster.

Ive removed trim around centre console and can just feed it straight through to other side. Is the rubber grommet piercing necessary (cant really see it) or should i be ok to just push the cable through?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You're RHD so I don't know for sure, but on US models there's no straight path from the engine bay to the cockpit without goiing through a grommet.

NonPP7.5GTI

Car(s)
GTI
The grommet is there, just to the right of where the wiring loom meets the bulkhead. Pull the black foam out of the way and you’ll see a rubber cone. Poke it through with a screw driver and feed a long cable tie through with the obd cable taped to the end.

Zzakz

Car(s)
Cupra 290
The grommet is there, just to the right of where the wiring loom meets the bulkhead. Pull the black foam out of the way and you’ll see a rubber cone. Poke it through with a screw driver and feed a long cable tie through with the obd cable taped to the end.
This worked! Thanks. Took a while mind you but got there in the end :)

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So I got the o2 sensor code. Now I do have a downpipe...but the reason I'm asking here is because it started happening with the JB4. I ran the DP with the Neuspeed module for about 900 miles with no CEL. The JB4 went for about 200 miles...then the CEL came on. I cleared it...then within about 70 ish miles...the CEL came back. The DP I have is a Wagner Tuning. The cat is in the stock location...and so is the bung for the o2 sensor. Is this something related to the JB4?

I wanted to add that coincidentally...it came on after the intercooler install.

Bank 1 is the first o2...the one with the black sleeve? That's the wire I tapped for the AFR wire.

o2 code.jpg

Last edited:

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I just got a 66A7 error code after some canyon driving. Anyone know what it means?

SamFortun

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed my JB4 and can't get the data logging to work. I'm using the data cable, it connects to my laptop just fine. I am able to view the data in real time in the boxes below the graph, and I am able to change maps. It seems everything is working, but when I try to log nothing happens. In the top of the window it says something like "starting logging", but nothing happens. Am I missing a step?

Thankss