GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What recommendations for a decent priced, aggressive rear PP pad for track, that can do street driving without much drama

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
What recommendations for a decent priced, aggressive rear PP pad for track, that can do street driving without much drama

The only pad that I can happily recommend from experienc, is the Pagid RSL19’s. Not sure I would call it an aggressive rear pad, but it works great as a dual duty street/track pad. It’s kind on rotors and it lasts a real long time. I have 20 track days and 40k+ miles on them. I need to check my maintenance log to get and accurate number.

The price is fair considering the life, kindness to rotors and the fact that it can be used as a dual duty pad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The only pad that I can happily recommend from experienc, is the Pagid RSL19’s. Not sure I would call it an aggressive rear pad, but it works great as a dual duty street/track pad. It’s kind on rotors and it lasts a real long time. I have 20 track days and 40k+ miles on them. I need to check my maintenance log to get and accurate number.

The price is fair considering the life, kindness to rotors and the fact that it can be used as a dual duty pad.

Do you know the part number for PP rears?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I'm not so sure. 50 min+ sessions, no doubt the BBK will keep more consistent, but spec e46 cars often run similar weight and smaller brakes. They're significantly better balanced though. For 50 min sessions I would move to an endurance pad that trades some friction and start temp for wider and flatter temp range.

With R16 pads and PP brakes i can lock my yoko a052 at almost any point, and I bet they'll lock slicks too. It's not like a BBK increases clamping pressure, it just distributes it better across the pad/rotor.

Hey I agree that PP front calipers will lock up a slick. Heck I reckon the 312mm stock GTi brake setup has sufficient power to lock a slick without ABS. It’s not a question of brake force/power, it’s about heat management over the length of a 20 to 30-min HPDE session and not boiling your fluid. One warm up lap and then 4 hard laps and I would start to lose pedal pressure after that. That’s around 12-mins into a session at VIR before I have to start backing up a brake marker. For me that’s no fun.

For me the BBK made a huge difference in reliability, consistency and driver confidence.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Do you know the part number for PP rears?

87938A31-86DD-44DC-A448-7D524FAC0944.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Crazy, I can't seem to find a vendor selling them, even using the part number. Which vendor do you use?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
OG Racing is where I bought mine

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Pagid Pad shape 8046 is what you are looking for.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I'm just surprised they fit in a performance package rear caliper as the shape looks nothing like the pads I am using in my car.

Cliff, I believe the R has a different rear pad than the PP GTi. You have an electric rear park brake if I’m not mistaken. Yours has a butterfly spring in the center of the pad.