GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Cobb AccessPort Sale!

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
They only fire when coming off heavy load between like 4-5k rpm and it’s like 4-5 rapid bangs so still controllable depending on how you are driving. It’s not constant like others I’ve heard.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
What was the sale price? I am seeing 675 for the AP and 75 for tune (normally 175).

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to leave a little positive praise for EQT and Ed. I have a FBO Unitronic Stage 2 car, made the plunge and dropped the Unitronic ECU, went with Ed’s Stage 2 93 octane. Just a few drives up and down the road, I get the universal praise here. No hate on Unitronic, was happy, but there is a difference. Very happy, if you have the money and are on the fence for switching, it’s a smart move.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Just wanted to leave a little positive praise for EQT and Ed. I have a FBO Unitronic Stage 2 car, made the plunge and dropped the Unitronic ECU, went with Ed’s Stage 2 93 octane. Just a few drives up and down the road, I get the universal praise here. No hate on Unitronic, was happy, but there is a difference. Very happy, if you have the money and are on the fence for switching, it’s a smart move.

Did the exact same thing and I agree.

There's literally no reason to choose Unitronic over this that I can see. The tunes are better, it's less expensive (Uni wants $800 for their canned IS38 tune upgrade - ridiculous), the access port has a lot of good additional features, and you can actually resell it if you so choose. I have no idea why I went Uni two years ago - it's hard to imagine I would have not known about EQT back then. But, I didn't apparently and now i'm stuck with $1000 worth of useless Uni gear I can never sell.

EQT stage 2 93 was very nice. E30 seems about as good as it's going to get with the IS20, short of custom tuning.

Last edited:

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Probably Labor Day.

If I haven't picked anything else by the time the boost weather sale happens (assuming it does) i'll pretty much have to go vortex. I mulled it over pretty hard during the 4th of july sale, but ultimately held off.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I placed the order for a Stage 2 tune but am on the fence about whether its worth it or not. Ive never driven a tuned GTI so I dont really know the difference, but I dont floor it often so I am not sure if having the power is really worth the cost. The accessports are on backorder currently so I would be able to cancel... Considering it.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I placed the order for a Stage 2 tune but am on the fence about whether its worth it or not. Ive never driven a tuned GTI so I dont really know the difference, but I dont floor it often so I am not sure if having the power is really worth the cost. The accessports are on backorder currently so I would be able to cancel... Considering it.

I don't really have anywhere to use most of the stock power unless I go out of my way. Maybe try to change it to Stage 1 or do you already have Stage 2 mods?

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

Honestly if you're having doubts, just go Stage 1. The difference is already huge from stock to Stage 1, and it will still put a huge smile on your face, even for regular driving (especially if you get the DSG tune as well).