GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hey guys, I’ve got some seats showing up this weekend, and I made the mistake of ordering them with their optional pre installed heaters... so I’m just going to use those heaters for heating purposes, but I want to make sure the passenger air bag does indeed work, so would my option to be essentially adding the passenger seat heater bottom to just that seat maybe under the other ones? I’m guessing if I rig some kind of wiring up to tell the car the seat is alway occupied will then cause the passenger seat belt chime to go off.

Also, I’m assuming the driver side doesn’t need the occupancy sensor but just wanted to confirm that with the driver side all I will have to do is the air bag resistor? (Thanks for the part numbers Navi, I order the clips and wire as that clean install is perfect)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What are the blue and brown wires connect to/for

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Without both rail sensors on both sides and the occupancy sensor and ground connected you will get an airbag fault/light.
Reading through this thread and others I didn’t see the rails part. Did you have to trick the system with resistors for that also? I have a 2019 rabbit so the seats are cloth, with power back but Manual sliding it’s that matters

BTW thanks for answering my Qs

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Reading through this thread and others I didn’t see the rails part. Did you have to trick the system with resistors for that also? I have a 2019 rabbit so the seats are cloth, with power back but Manual sliding it’s that matters

BTW thanks for answering my Qs

From my understanding the rail sensors are for the two stage airbags to identify how far away the occupants are. I have ordered the wiring harness for each seat and will remove and reuse the rail sensors for each seat unless that is too much of a pain in the ass.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did the driver side today, the 2019s (or maybe its a rabbit/S thing) have a little different connector layout, the seatbelt pins are housed in the single unit that does seat rail and heaters. uses the 3.3ohm as noted by NAVI and zero errors, with a clean dash. yay.
IMG_3061.jpg

driver harness layout 2019 - Rabbit
1.Rail sensor
2.Belt sensor
3.Seat heater back
4.Seat heater bottom
5.Control switch for back recliner
IMG_3062.jpg

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Did the driver side today, the 2019s (or maybe its a rabbit/S thing) have a little different connector layout, the seatbelt pins are housed in the single unit that does seat rail and heaters. uses the 3.3ohm as noted by NAVI and zero errors, with a clean dash. yay.

driver harness layout 2019 - Rabbit
1.Rail sensor
2.Belt sensor
3.Seat heater back
4.Seat heater bottom
5.Control switch for back recliner

Yeah on my 2016 the seat belt sensor is it's own connector/harness.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah on my 2016 the seat belt sensor is it's own connector/harness.
I noticed in a response earlier in the thread it sounded like you only did the seat occupancy sensor and not the full heaters, did you find aways to do the occupancy sensor without removing the seats upholstery to install the lower heater/sensor?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I noticed in a response earlier in the thread it sounded like you only did the seat occupancy sensor and not the full heaters, did you find aways to do the occupancy sensor without removing the seats upholstery to install the lower heater/sensor?

For now I only did the occupancy sensor which is integrated with the bottom heater so one of my seats is heated..haha. I purchased new OEM unit, I did not remove it from my OEM seats.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Really dreading doing my seats when the time comes, which is just around the corner. Seems like a lot just to keep error lights off the dash.