GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(Video) 5150 tuned E85 GTI vs Sneekytuned E85 GTI

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
a lot of people have doubts about sneekytune since he is newer to the scene compared to some of the veteran tuners. I am currently on one of his maps and ive got say I am quite impressed with it. This is no doubt not a "fanboy just sucking up to his tune" or brand moment. I have done numerous etunes before with other tuners modifying cars so I am quite familiar with the process and can compare different quality tunes (drive-ability vs customer service).

Im sure a 5150 map drives well and holds it down (we've seen videos), but back to sneeky, The tune definitely woke my mk7.5 to where it needs to be. I was gapping v8s when the opportunity presented itself. Then I wondered what a sneekytune map would do against 5150 car with the SAME mods. Luckily enough this match randomly happened and fell in my lap. The 5150 GTI owner shunned at the idea when I told him I was currently being tuned by sneeky. Basically downplaying my build bc of my choice in tuner.

I am never one to start tuner or race drama but we decided to take both cars with the SAME mods (dp, fmic, e85, is20) for some runs. His dyno tune rated at 360whp vs my sneeky etune map on earlier revision. Neck and neck, lets just say the other gti owner wasnt too happy with that outcome.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
This just goes to show there is no magic formula, just the correct one. Looks like both tuners got it right.

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
I’ve never seen an apples to apples comparison race or dyno between 5150 and EQT Tunes. It’s crazy, there have to be some somewhere!
I raced EQT E85 is20 last time in my SneekyTuned is20 e85 and won pretty easily. 5150 car on a "kill" tune is coming to race me this weekend, most likely. Haven't lost to an is20 yet.

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
This just goes to show there is no magic formula, just the correct one. Looks like both tuners got it right.
thats the point. a lot of people talk down on etunes. This is just to show an etune can still be as quick and dialed in as a dyno tune if done correctly. At the time of video the sneeky gti was still in the earlier revisions of tuning for full ethanol