GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
Total nonsense. I didn't have park assist when I first fitted my highline camera and it worked fine.
To be honest I don't think they have a clue about it lol anyway I can keep the camera and have a £260 refund making it £350 for the lowline so not what I wanted but a lot less painful

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
To be honest I don't think they have a clue about it lol anyway I can keep the camera and have a £260 refund making it £350 for the lowline so not what I wanted but a lot less painful

At least that's on par with the retrofit companies.

Honestly you aren't missing much by having lowline instead of highline.

the-one

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
Total nonsense. I didn't have park assist when I first fitted my highline camera and it worked fine.
Hello. @IWMTom

I'm having a problem with my sensors, even having the camera just configured on byte 19 if I reverse and then move forward, the front sensors display won't pop up. I just hear the sound.

If I move forward slowly without reversing first everything also works out fine. Sensors pop up.

Did this happen to you?

I have an Highline camera but I have bap vps turned off because I don't need the extra modes.

Thank you

Edit

Nevermind I found the solution, I just had to reset the discovery pro.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Anfas

Car(s)
2015 Golf 1.8L
Hey, everyone!
Does anyone have parameterization XML file from Passat B8 for using in ODIS Engineer for highline rearview camera 5Q0980556B?
Thanks in advance.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Hey, everyone!
Does anyone have parameterization XML file from Passat B8 for using in ODIS Engineer for highline rearview camera 5Q0980556B?
Thanks in advance.

Hey, I found something online for this.

I sent you the XML file on PM.

Anfas

Car(s)
2015 Golf 1.8L
Hey, everyone!
I've installed the highline RVC on my Golf 7 2015 and have a question. What actions should be done to start emblem flipping and begin camera going out when reverse gear activated?
The camera was new and non-paramaterized, I know that it should before I receive the picture on screen. For beginning I used VCDS and marked 6C unit as present in Gateway. After I went to 5F -> Adaptations and marked "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "Comfort Data Bus". I thought that after that the emblem should begin to flip at least. What else should I do? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
If the camera is not parameterized then you have to parameterize it using VCP or ODIS-E. If you don’t have access to these tools then you should contact someone who does or in the future purchase a camera from a vendor who will parameterize it for your car.

Anfas

Car(s)
2015 Golf 1.8L
If the camera is not parameterized then you have to parameterize it using VCP or ODIS-E. If you don’t have access to these tools then you should contact someone who does or in the future purchase a camera from a vendor who will parameterize it for your car.
I have ODIS-E for that and going to parameterrize it. Does camera's parameterezation affect the mechanism of opening of emblem? If I'm not mistaking it affects only video aspects. Am I wrong?

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I have ODIS-E for that and going to parameterrize it. Does camera's parameterezation affect the mechanism of opening of emblem? If I'm not mistaking it affects only video aspects. Am I wrong?

Not sure as I never retrofitted moving emblem type cameras. But give it a try and update us :).

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI

After checking with my VAG vendor, he said MK7 cameras do not need parameterization but only coding.

Anfas

Car(s)
2015 Golf 1.8L
After checking with my VAG vendor, he said MK7 cameras do not need parameterization but only coding.
Hi! Yes, you're right if we are talking about lowline camera (not connected to CAN bus and hasn't its own control module). I've installed 5Q0980556B camera into flipping emblem instead of standard camera module w/o active lines. I bought it as new so it has no parameterization from factory and need to be parameterized. But now I'm interested as I wrote above should it pop out when reverse gear is switched at current state? Thanks!

PJH

Car(s)
VW Golf R line 2018
At least that's on par with the retrofit companies.

Honestly you aren't missing much by having lowline instead of highline.
If you started from scratch. Which would you recommend, high or low line rear camera?

PJH

Car(s)
VW Golf R line 2018
Why would you pay 600 pounds for a part that costs 200 pounds?
I was quoted £604inc vat to for fitting the rear camera parts & Labour. VW Citygate West London. The part from the same dealer was £300.
I'd do it myself but I'm nervous about the codes etc. Easy but time consuming to fit to tailgate and bring through the vehicle.
Is it worth having the high line?