GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
I'd imagine the photo they have in the brochure is just a generic image and not representative of what you'll be provided with.
So I've just paid stupid money for he lowline camera fitting even though it specifies to fit a highline camera on the paperwork they have.

I'm guessing them having it back next week to check the coding isnt going to do any good?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I've just paid stupid money for he lowline camera fitting even though it specifies to fit a highline camera on the paperwork they have.

I'm guessing them having it back next week to check the coding isnt going to do any good?

My understanding was that the highline camera was never actually available as a retrofit officially... they really should have checked that for you.

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
My understanding was that the highline camera was never actually available as a retrofit officially... they really should have checked that for you.
Thanks for the help. I don't think they will be happy when I tell them to either take it out or refund me some money as It's not what I asked for.

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
I sure hope you didn't pay over £600 for that crap!
When I rang and asked for a price to fit a highline reverse camera they quoted £609 which was £50 cheaper than I had been quoted elsewhere and here I am with a £609 Low line camera

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
£267 for the camera and vw say 4 hours to fit

L M F A O.

They had you over a barrel. £85.50 an hour to pull some trim and run a wire... ouch!

Sorry, I appreciate this doesn't help with your issue, I just find it appalling that they're charging such a ludicrous sum.

Alex @ VW Retrofit would have supplied and fit for £350.

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
L M F A O.

They had you over a barrel. £85.50 an hour to pull some trim and run a wire... ouch!

Sorry, I appreciate this doesn't help with your issue, I just find it appalling that they're charging such a ludicrous sum.

Alex @ VW Retrofit would have supplied and fit for £350.
I'm going down the route of It's not what I asked for and It clearly says Please fit highline reverse camera on the paperwork.
Lets see what they do.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I'm going down the route of It's not what I asked for and It clearly says Please fit highline reverse camera on the paperwork.
Lets see what they do.
I'd be really interested in finding out. Please do keep the thread updated with what happens next!

Tenner bet they say "yeeeaaaa turns out we don't actually know what one of those is....". Is this a Looker's dealership by any chance?

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
I'd be really interested in finding out. Please do keep the thread updated with what happens next!

Tenner bet they say "yeeeaaaa turns out we don't actually know what one of those is....". Is this a Looker's dealership by any chance?
JCT600 VW in Bradford

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I've just had a rear view camera fitted at VW, I asked for the highline and they have fitted the only one they can get and that's the one in the VW accessories catalog part number 5G2054634. The picture in the catalog shows yellow moving guidance lines and the additional views down the right hand side but when I received it back it has static green lines and only the one view. They say they have never done one before and they need it back to find out what they have done wrong. Could this be a low lone they have fitted? I've attached the picture from the accessories PDF from the website.View attachment 178254

Why would you pay 600 pounds for a part that costs 200 pounds?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

Im Pretty Sure they wont retrofit the highline camera as its not meant for a golf, they usually come on passats touaregs etc... as part of the 360 view or as part of the trailer assist.

pscomp

Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf GTD
Cars back at VW today and they have phoned to say the highline camera will only work with Park assist and I have the option of a partial refund or them taking the camera back out

Reactions: PJH