GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Any reason why this doesn't work with 19+ GTI with same transmission? Unless they are different then the R?

Different gear ratios so I need to dial in the shift schedule for them. And I need a local car to do that with.

-- Ed

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
What's up guys,

First time post ! I have been saving up for the November sale for my tune. The 4th of July sale came up so I am undecided if I should buy it now or wait. Another question is are the COBB Launch & Traction control features highly recommended?

Thanks for you input
If you have OEM launch control, use that. A lot of us have had slower times using the Cobb LC.

JRamboMK7

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI SE DSG
Different gear ratios so I need to dial in the shift schedule for them. And I need a local car to do that with.

-- Ed

Oh that is good to know. Thanks for the response! Look forward to the release for GTI.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
- We're releasing our E30 Stage 1 and Stage 2 Staged tunes for 2015-2018 GTI. These are staged tunes that you flash and enjoy with a 30% ethanol mix. Enjoy a 20-30whp gain over our pump gas tunes, all on the stock fuel system.

:love:. The smoothness and power of an EQT staged tune with a healthy topping of alcohol? Ahh, should be killer.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
This is to tempting 🤔🤔🤔. Im running stratified stage 2 e30 tune and can't seem to keep knock under control
I did not want to wait for the E30 OTS tune since Ed was not even sure if he would launch it for ROW Simos 18.10 cars, so I run a custom E40 tune but the OTS E30 is probably not far behind in power.

For 175 dollars it is worth every penny IMO.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I’m currently on EQT Stage 2, and the tune is amazing. $175 for the E30 blend and 20-30whp gains, I’m tempted!

Last edited:

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
I just tuned EQT Stage 1 91 on my 7.5 R and I'm getting quite a bit of knock?

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/3rd-gear-pull?log=0&data=8-11-19-20-21-22

I have no idea what I'm looking at here, but this was a 3rd gear pull.

Ambient temps were around 95+ F. Could that be a reason? Or is this amount of knock ok?

Also when I try to launch, I can feel the car cutting power and my 0-60's are about the same as stock or sometimes worse. I'm guessing I need a DSG tune?

Sorry, I'm new to all this. Would appreciate the help!

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I just tuned EQT Stage 1 91 on my 7.5 R and I'm getting quite a bit of knock?

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/3rd-gear-pull?log=0&data=8-11-19-20-21-22

I have no idea what I'm looking at here, but this was a 3rd gear pull.

Ambient temps were around 95+ F. Could that be a reason? Or is this amount of knock ok?

Also when I try to launch, I can feel the car cutting power and my 0-60's are about the same as stock or sometimes worse. I'm guessing I need a DSG tune?

Sorry, I'm new to all this. Would appreciate the help!
Try a different gas station, I think EQT recommends 76 in California.

Yes you should get the DSG tune aswell, contact Cobb support to purchase if your AP is not DSG unlocked.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Combination of shitty gas and heat. Do you have an intercooler?