GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Since Ohio will drop the front license plate requirement tomorrow after 112 years, I took mine off this evening. It never bothered me too much aesthetically (especially compared to some other cars), but the car still looks cleaner without it. I'm patting myself on the back now for my homebrew no-drill mount that I put on when the car was new. Like it was never there...

View attachment 178317
View attachment 178318
View attachment 178319
View attachment 178320

Earlier, since I hadn't driven the poor thing more than 300 miles since March due to working from home, I took the long way back from lunch to warm it up, then get in ~30 minutes above 3k RPM and a few near-redline pulls. Should have cooked out the moisture, and maybe some carbon too. Can't have hurt, anyway!
Thanks for reminding me, going to take mine off today!

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I finally get to fill in those front bumper license plate holes, I'm glad I went back to live in Miami

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-01 at 10.51.16 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-01 at 10.52.05 AM.jpeg

edit: Nothing happened to the F250 of course, I hit the tow hitch and the steel support structure around it... thats nice....

The guy cut me off at the last second.... he was merging left to get to a U turn, I was in the middle lane.... very common to do where it happened, where there is a ramp exit that doesnt have the option to go northbound....

That maneuver entails crossing 3 lanes and 2 turn lanes in the space of 100ft to reach the U turn... I see it done everyday, I'm gonna avoid that area now.....

edit 2: If anyone is curious, it was $7,200... new core support, front bumper, grill, hardware, one headlight, both front fenders, hood, all the hood hardware, incl. new hood insulation (I was about to throw mine out)

Im getting ceramic pro while at it.... and fixing some bad touch ups from the previous owner... hopefully it comes out better than ever....

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Keep an eye on oil level. You might not see it flying out the back but it'll eat some at that psi.
Thanks for the heads up. I’m pretty particular in my ways so I’m certain I’ll catch it, but now I won’t be like, where is this shit going?!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
6L of green 5W40 out. 6L of green 5W40 in after some engine flush

20200701_140816.jpg

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
What intercooler is that? Car looks amazing in that color!
It is a gorgeous color. Ordered it from the dealer and was not disappointed.
Intercooler is the CSK $300 ebay special.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Installed my flocked/felt and locking glovebox in my GSW. I tore way more apart than I needed to so it was a major PITA, but worth it. I'll get the part numbers in a bit. Darryl at SmithVW will get you the best price on one with a vin matched lock cylinder.

I was upset to find that my Mk7.5 didn't come with this! My Mk7 did and it was pretty surprising to say the least.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally got a set of Enkei RPF1 in 18x7.5, 48mm offset coming in at 17lbs. I do not need wider tires and wanted something lightweight. Can't get much lighter than these (unless you go with a smaller rim). Gonna convert to studs and put my spacers back on.
IMG_6352.JPG