GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
all. Littco. TPC. EQT. Anything you can find.

I haven’t seen a tpc20 blow? Really I was planning on buying on somtime.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Seems weird that we're mostly seeing DBV turbos. I'm sure someone has posted it but I haven't seen that on a TPC or EQT turbo.

Quebster's is the first that I've seen where a blade in a DBV2 broke off on its own. Every other issue that I've seen has been FOD, as much as people want to make jokes about it, in the end it wasn't the turbo's fault.

I don't know why people are acting like all DBV2 turbos are falling apart when you had a mass production recall for EQT turbos that were defective and falling apart in the beginning. Littco was another known one, in the beginning, for not being reliable yet you don't hear people joking about those.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Quebster's is the first that I've seen where a blade in a DBV2 broke off on its own. Every other issue that I've seen has been FOD, as much as people want to make jokes about it, in the end it wasn't the turbo's fault.

I don't know why people are acting like all DBV2 turbos are falling apart when you had a mass production recall for EQT turbos that were defective and falling apart in the beginning. Littco was another known one, in the beginning, for not being reliable yet you don't hear people joking about those.
You must not have seen twists. Same failure. Yes, eqt and littco have had failures. They all have. None are immune.