GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Right, MK7s don't run that rich. You have a 7.5

gotcha I’ll get some logs later in hotter weather I have a gallon of e85 in the tank to see what would happen in this hot weather but still get decent mpg.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
It's great gas for 91ACN. Congrats. Lucky guy.

No shit. Some guys running 93 and/or E would love to get this kind of timing advance. 73 IAT and 2019 are making it happen. 10.xx AFR gonna make your pipes dirty 😁.

SamFortun

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry if this was asked many times before.

I drive a 2019 Mk7.5 GTI w/ DSG with the stock air box mod and a TCR muffler. I also live in California and don't have easy access to anything more than 91 octane gas. It looks like Map 1 is the only way to go for me? Will I need to posi tap the AFR wire if I'm only running Map 1 on the Mk7.5?

Thanks!

I asked George at Burger Tuning the same question about the AFR tap for map 1, I wanted to know if it made a difference, or if maybe map 1 just ignored the AFR signal. He said that map 1 does use the AFR signal, and without the signal the car will run rich. It still works, but it's definitely recommended to use the AFR tap (or harness) even if you use map 1.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Hey, guys currently have a 2015 A3 running a downpipe IC Jb4 and an Is38+. (Stock size uprated internals and a bit better flow up top)

Just finished installing the turbo and ran great on Map 2 and decided to try out an aggressive map 6 I saw for an is38

I used this map on 93 octane with the peak set to 8.2. Ambient was about 75F

be13c54ed69cbd79af79c0638788d2df.png

Car ran great from 1st to 3rd, but the log to me seemed a bit sketchy, I am kinda new to this still.
Checked codes after saw I had a 3 codes pending
P0087, though I've been dealing with this code since I was just JB4 is20 with everything else stock.
P0106
P0236

https://datazap.me/u/acehammer/map-6?log=0&data=1-4-18

Switched back to map 2 for the time being. Also planning on putting in new spark plugs and cleaning the map sensors. (Oil surged autocrossing about a week ago)

Any advice/criticism welcomed. Much rather be told I'm being an idiot by you guys than my mechanic🙂

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hey, guys currently have a 2015 A3 running a downpipe IC Jb4 and an Is38+. (Stock size uprated internals and a bit better flow up top)

Just finished installing the turbo and ran great on Map 2 and decided to try out an aggressive map 6 I saw for an is38

I used this map on 93 octane with the peak set to 8.2. Ambient was about 75F

View attachment 178912
Car ran great from 1st to 3rd, but the log to me seemed a bit sketchy, I am kinda new to this still.
Checked codes after saw I had a 3 codes pending
P0087, though I've been dealing with this code since I was just JB4 is20 with everything else stock.
P0106
P0236

https://datazap.me/u/acehammer/map-6?log=0&data=1-4-18

Switched back to map 2 for the time being. Also planning on putting in new spark plugs and cleaning the map sensors. (Oil surged autocrossing about a week ago)

Any advice/criticism welcomed. Much rather be told I'm being an idiot by you guys than my mechanic🙂

I am not going to call you an idiot even though your log sucks 😄 please run in 3rd from below 3-6.5k and a little in to 4th.

You are going to want to mix 2-3 gallons of E85 per tank for that map 6 to run clean.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG

HashtagAbe

Hey guys,
I did a run of map1 and map2. How do they look?
map1: https://datazap.me/u/yungaxel3/3rd-gear-pull?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-11-14-18
map2: https://datazap.me/u/yungaxel3/3rd-gear-pull?log=1&data=1-4-6-11-14-18
I'm running on 91 octane in California. 2019 GTI DSG stock except the stock air box mod and TCR muffler.

Thanks!

Unless im reading it wrong, it doesnt look like you are WOT. Pedal is only 60% pressed down. Better to go WOT for more accurate logs. If im mistaken, someone please do correct me.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Unless im reading it wrong, it doesnt look like you are WOT. Pedal is only 60% pressed down. Better to go WOT for more accurate logs. If im mistaken, someone please do correct me.
Hm. Good call out. Throttle is at 100 though 🤷‍♂️

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
How do you combat the fuel system lean code? Less E more 93? Noticed it when scanning today.
Map3 stockish intake. Logging tomorrow

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
How do you combat the fuel system lean code? Less E more 93? Noticed it when scanning today.
Map3 stockish intake. Logging tomorrow
A bit less E. Gonna be a balancing act though, if no intercooler. Summer heat demands more fuel to try and cool things off. Unless you have a 2019 ;).