GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any info on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate?

koalb

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 SE, PP, LP
Was poking around Tire Rack last night. See that Goodyear has a new UHP All-Season – the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate?

Will be curious to see how it scores in their customer rankings once they have enough data.

And – does it prompt Michelin to re-work the A/S 3?

I've always assumed that tires is a technology-driven category. Over time, manufacturers make better tires as they improve the chemistry.

Will this new Goodyear tire prompt a "response" from Michelin to re-work their UHPAS?

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Good question. The Goodyear tested well against the Michelin. If I were buying right now I’d probably lean Goodyear. I had some AS3s a few cars ago, and they drove great but didn’t wear as well as I’d hoped. Wasn’t looking for highway all season wear rates, but they were wearing far faster than their warranty suggested they should.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Just noticed something in Tire Rack. Looks like you predicted the future - there’s a Pilot Sport All Season 4 in 225-40-18. Not available yet but will be soon.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+All+Season+4&partnum=24YR8PSAS4XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoYear=2019&autoModel=Golf GTI&autoModClar=

Interesting, I wonder if you order them now you get the rebate that expires 7/6, a few days before they will be available.

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
I just caught the Michelin A/S 4 on tire rack today as well. They don’t even have a stock photo up yet. Based on reviews, the Goodyear Exhilarate, Michelin A/S 3, and Continental DWS06 all seem like great top shelf options.

For a slightly lower budget, the BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S Plus and General GMax A/S would be worth considering.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Weirdly, the new Michelin is also cheaper than the existing (outgoing?) AS3.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
They've got the photo up now.

Interesting, I wonder if you order them now you get the rebate that expires 7/6, a few days before they will be available.

I chatted with a rep at Tire Rack just now and they are not eligible. Pretty much every Michelin tire is eligible, but they have to be in stock, and the 4AS won't be until after the rebate expires.

Still though. $160.99/tire is pretty reasonable for their latest-tech high performance all season tire.