GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I’ve been noticing some small corrections on ign2-5 recently on WOT. No logs right now can I probably find some. Currently running Map 3 with DP and FMIC so IAT’s are reasonably in check. Highest they’ve been getting is 102 in the hottest NYC days recently.

Car has just over 10k and is on stock spark plugs. I’m planning to try some ethanol soon but should I replace the plugs too.

I also added an HPA pendulum mount recently but it kind of coincides with the hotter weather so I’m not sure if it’s the IAT’s going up or some false corrections from NVH. The corrections are usually at the start of the pull and continue a little which is why I think it might just be NVH setting off the sensors. BFI stage 1 mounts were already in the car but have been fine so far and haven’t seen any corrections. I ran the winter on map 3 and never saw any corrections in my logs.

Thanks

Heat. Get corn 😁.

Jaani

Car(s)
Audi s3 8v
Wow, lot of data. Looks ok to me.

Aha it was only a 3rd gear pull unless I've done soemthing wrong.

No changes to be made? I'm assuming it's running stage 2?

Also, would you recommend trying any others maps?

Apologies for the silly questions I'm new to all this 🤣

Jaani

Car(s)
Audi s3 8v
yeah for future reference, try to do 1-2 main pulls while logging, then post the data, you have what looks like 15 pulls in the log, just harder to read.
Oh okay my bad. I do clock stop logging after my pulls but seems like it records my whole driving journey aha.

I'll try get some logs today.

I have zoomed in to the graph if that's any help.

I am after a custom 6 map to get the full potential of my car as its currently running the downpipe and induction kit.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200627_064013.jpg
    20200627_064013.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 89

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I have been having trouble with consistent power since I got the jb4. At first it was viscious, broke loose all the way thru 2nd gear. Now it seems flat. Here are two logs:

https://datazap.me/u/echelonphoto/log-1593368149?log=0&data=1-4

https://datazap.me/u/echelonphoto/log-1593368031?log=0&data=1-4

One is on map 1 and the other map 4 2017 se dsg, running 93 oct. with 2 gallons of e85 added to a full tank. These pulls were at about 82 ambient.
Change boost safety to 27 and FOL to 60 and log map 3 in 3rd gear from 3-6.5k. High IATs will kill timing advance so consider IC upgrade, looks good otherwise.