GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I did see the new ones are supposed to get steering improvements and some more ponies. I think they're really cool and all, but I'm just going to have to shy away from a car that has to be tuned to bring out good power like the GTI/R this time, if I move on of course. EDIT: Just watched that vid about the Supra that Chris posted. Yikes!

I purchased the iAbed pan yesterday, we'll see how that goes. Still working on scheduling a dyno day. I feel like I HAVE to see what the V3 will put down before ditching the car at minimum, lol. Also readjusted my wastegate last night and inspected it as well. It's so strange, everything looks just fine. But something is moving which is bringing the WG arm and the actuator rod closer together and loosening acknowledgement. We'll see if it "loosens" up again, I swapped actuators with an old one I had.

Also track pics came out yesterday, literally half of my pictures I am smoking. It's hilarious 😂

Last edited:

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Not for nothing, but Toyota is selling 2020 Supras, all models, with 0% for 60 months.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Not on a 21 vette tho
Yeah I just realized that offer was on some of the "new" '19 models they're trying to get rid of. Probably won't be finding that much anymore.
C7 GS is where it's at
I had looked at some C7 Z06's that were actually going used around the same price as the ZL1's. However the Z06's are plagued with cooling issues. The '17's and up are better but still not perfect, and here in Texas heat I've heard still like to overheat at the track. The ZL1 1LE has a massive amount more airflow through the front of the car than the Z06 does. GS is cool and all but I feel like if I had a Corvette it would at least have to have Z06 amounts of power... I mean my IS38 GTI barely got walked by a C7 Stingray, imagine if it were DSG

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Daniel sent a new DBV2 hotside... wastegate was indeed bending! Slapped hotside on earlier this week, just got the car running again tonight, track day tomorrow... talk about last-minute procrastination. I still need to do a log and make sure everything's peachy.

Put on iAbed baffled oil pan in hopes it will help with oil surge. It was supposed to have a 10AN port for oil return and I was going to run a catch can with stock PCV, and drain to pan. However it did NOT come with the port, and just noticed tonight. So I'm screwed as far as the catch can drain idea for now. That's what I get for waiting until my day off today to do everything.

Here's to hoping I have some success at the track with my oil issues

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Daniel sent a new DBV2 hotside... wastegate was indeed bending! Slapped hotside on earlier this week, just got the car running again tonight, track day tomorrow... talk about last-minute procrastination. I still need to do a log and make sure everything's peachy.

Put on iAbed baffled oil pan in hopes it will help with oil surge. It was supposed to have a 10AN port for oil return and I was going to run a catch can with stock PCV, and drain to pan. However it did NOT come with the port, and just noticed tonight. So I'm screwed as far as the catch can drain idea for now. That's what I get for waiting until my day off today to do everything.

Here's to hoping I have some success at the track with my oil issues

I don't understand why you are having such shitty luck with oil surge. When I had my car on the dyno for tuning, did 6 - 7 pulls and my catch can was empty. I thought for sure it would be full but it wasn't. Don't give up, you will eventually figure it out.