GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No idea how they can continue to offer that. They lose money after the second oil change.
Obviously b/c very few people actually take advantage of it - it's a PITA, requires effort, and most folks don't like either of those. Finally, they do it b/c they know you come to their site to get your "free oil change kit" and data will show that buy lots of other stuff that when factored in, more than offsets the cost of the relatively few folks that take advantage of it. It's just like a dealer that gives you "free oil changes for life" - how many folks bite the hook when that service advisor comes out and recommends an extra $200 worth of things? A lot!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Obviously b/c very few people actually take advantage of it - it's a PITA, requires effort, and most folks don't like either of those. Finally, they do it b/c they know you come to their site to get your "free oil change kit" and data will show that buy lots of other stuff that when factored in, more than offsets the cost of the relatively few folks that take advantage of it. It's just like a dealer that gives you "free oil changes for life" - how many folks bite the hook when that service advisor comes out and recommends an extra $200 worth of things? A lot!

Of course you're right but if they sold the brand of oil I buy (Cerma) I wouldn't buy anything else. I would be one of the people they lose money on.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Of course you're right but if they sold the brand of oil I buy (Cerma) I wouldn't buy anything else. I would be one of the people they lose money on.
What does Cerma gives you that more typical off the shelf oils don't?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Skoda Lid Funnel for the GLI
20200626_212634.jpg
20200626_214525.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What does Cerma gives you that more typical off the shelf oils don't?

I couldn't intelligently answer that question but after experiencing their treatments, especially the engine treatment and AC treatment both for home and car, I'm a believer in their products.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I couldn't intelligently answer that question but after experiencing their treatments, especially the engine treatment and AC treatment both for home and car, I'm a believer in their products.
I think I read on here before about Cerma maybe from you? lol. Do you really think it quiets down your engine and the other things they claim?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Is that fuel injection cleaner good?
Probably the same as anything else you buy - I just order it with the kit b/c it's simple. At one point I bought it by the case at Costco - Chevron Tectron. I do it each oil change, it's a why not to keep things sorted.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Probably the same as anything else you buy - I just order it with the kit b/c it's simple. At one point I bought it by the case at Costco - Chevron Tectron. I do it each oil change, it's a why not to keep things sorted.
Got it. I used Red Line SI-1 a couple times since it was highly recommended.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Carbon fiber TDI keychains, really like them, thanks swifty1!
IMG_20200627_004934.jpg

Also got the harnesses for the shifter surround buttons, now to wait for the right button assemblies to show up. No pictures, but we know how "interesting" harnesses look, haha.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Finally... I have everything now.

IMG-2230.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think I read on here before about Cerma maybe from you? lol. Do you really think it quiets down your engine and the other things they claim?

I'm sure it was from me and I don't think it quiets the clatter noise I know it does. A couple of guys in the forum bought it and agreed.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I'm sure it was from me and I don't think it quiets the clatter noise I know it does. A couple of guys in the forum bought it and agreed.
Sounds like its work a look (y)