GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Sweet wheels! Are these considered "hyper black"?

They’re EJ-Titan which is like a anthracite/titanium with black center bores which makes them look darker. They have a hint bronze in certain lighting on the faces

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Ordered a pop up hatch kit for my R from ecs. Went to install and the hatch was super difficult to shut. Couldn’t even shut the hatch. Looked up the part # on the tag and found they shipped me the wrong kit, it was meant for the sport wagen. Must have got mixed up in the bin. Now I wait again to ship it back and wait for hopefully the right one to show up

nype

Drag Racing Champion
One of the rules in the forum is no politics.
Well I’m not sure that I initiated a political discussion but anyway...

61E09623-4BEE-4789-827A-F70C059606F6.jpeg

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered a pop up hatch kit for my R from ecs. Went to install and the hatch was super difficult to shut. Couldn’t even shut the hatch. Looked up the part # on the tag and found they shipped me the wrong kit, it was meant for the sport wagen. Must have got mixed up in the bin. Now I wait again to ship it back and wait for hopefully the right one to show up
Wagon has a heavier hatch? Interesting.

Even the correct kit is a lot more effort to close. I got rid of it to keep the kids hands off the paint. Also, one of the struts developed a squeak / creak quite early on. ECS was good to replace the item. I may have paid return shipping. Bit of a hassle.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Wagon has a heavier hatch? Interesting.

Even the correct kit is a lot more effort to close. I got rid of it to keep the kids hands off the paint. Also, one of the struts developed a squeak / creak quite early on. ECS was good to replace the item. I may have paid return shipping. Bit of a hassle.

I'm reading all these feedbacks about the difficulty in closing the hatch...making me think twice about this

nype

Drag Racing Champion
mine work fine, harder to close yes but they do break in just a tad and its well worth the $, one of my favorite mods, use it all the time.
I think you mentioned not having kids though? :)

I found you either need to whip it closed with enough force, or you need to close it part way and then press down on the exterior of the hatch somewhere (which was giving me grief when anyone other than me would do it).

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I think you mentioned not having kids though? :)

I found you either need to whip it closed with enough force, or you need to close it part way and then press down on the exterior of the hatch somewhere (which was giving my grief when anyone other than me would do it).
No kids here, I always close it the same way, with or without the modified hatch kit. Bring it to say chest level, then push it shut. I wouldn't whip it from the top open position. I would think other may find it troublesome. TBH I don't like others really touching my car, they try to open the trunk and don't even know how to and just stop so they don't rip the emblem off. I learned to just always open it myself so the camera doesn't get ripped off lol

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ready for my next change at 40k. FCP Euro lifetime replacement.

Attachments

• 20200626_170111.jpg
    20200626_170111.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 112

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just waiting on the calipers now, which show up tomorrow !!

IMG-2228.jpg