GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I guess these don’t go slammed...subjective I know but it’s odd that the front go so low but the rear is higher then most 1” springs.

I think this is partly from the weight difference in GTI vs. R. But we can provide a shorter rear spring for anything wanting to go really low.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
..ok so to be clear, for me to achieve a 'very low', no gap bet wheel and fender height in the rear (not tucked in) you suggest i modify the perch by removing one of the locking ring or request for a shorter springs.. . i guess 'completely slammed' means this coilover will leave you some gap even on the lowest setting.

I would start by removing the top locking ring and snugging the perch up. If that's not low enough, we can supply the shorter springs for you.

Thanks
-- Ed

fiscalpuddle

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Ed on your website it says the original springs you can adjust the height range, "from slightly higher than stock ride height down to completely slammed". What's the height range for the super low springs compared to the regular?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hi Ed on your website it says the original springs you can adjust the height range, "from slightly higher than stock ride height down to completely slammed". What's the height range for the super low springs compared to the regular?

The super low springs will max out high around 1.5" lower than factory. But they will damn near drop the car on the ground if you max out low.

-- Ed

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wouldn't bags be a better choice? I thought these were track oriented coils. What are some of you trying to do with these?
Simple answer is yes, air would be best for someone trying to dump....or buy coils that are angled for dumping. I guess they're trying to get best of both worlds?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Wouldn't bags be a better choice? I thought these were track oriented coils. What are some of you trying to do with these?

It’s a coilover that says you can be ’slammed’ if you read the first page. From the recent pics (bl33dBlue21) it looks like the front goes 1.5” and the rear goes about .5”. I mean my ED Springs go lower in the rear.

If I bought a coilover I would expect it to have better adjustment than this especially if they tell you that you can be slammed. I guess it makes sense why they don’t list the adjustment range and leave it kind of vague. I was hoping these lived up to the hype from the FB EQT Group but...it’s seems not so.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
..ok so to be clear, for me to achieve a 'very low', no gap bet wheel and fender height in the rear (not tucked in) you suggest i modify the perch by removing one of the locking ring or request for a shorter springs.. . i guess 'completely slammed' means this coilover will leave you some gap even on the lowest setting.

Any updates? How long have you been at this? 2 months?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It’s a coilover that says you can be ’slammed’ if you read the first page. From the recent pics (bl33dBlue21) it looks like the front goes 1.5” and the rear goes about .5”. I mean my ED Springs go lower in the rear.

If I bought a coilover I would expect it to have better adjustment than this especially if they tell you that you can be slammed. I guess it makes sense why they don’t list the adjustment range and leave it kind of vague. I was hoping these lived up to the hype from the FB EQT Group but...it’s seems not so.

This is not correct. The fronts have a ton of room to go... no one is maxing them out. The standard rears on R’s can also go very low. The only issue seems to be on GTI’s with the standard rear springs because the GTI is lighter in the rear. But now that we found the issue, we are offering a lower rear option that should meet everyone’s needs.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

They’re not track oriented. They’re set up to be a great balance between street and sporty driving.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Any updates? How long have you been at this? 2 months?

We offered a couple solutions as soon as the issue was presented to us. I’m not sure if he has actually done anything about it yet.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
We offered a couple solutions as soon as the issue was presented to us. I’m not sure if he has actually done anything about it yet.

im not going to alter my perch as you suggested so I can achieve the height i want. Product should function as described right out of the box, I nderstand nothing is perfect. Plus perch have seized not eve a month in. I’m waiting for my new springs and perches, it’s been 2 weeks now since eqt replied, a month now since I first reach out to them

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
im not going to alter my perch as you suggested so I can achieve the height i want. Product should function as described right out of the box, I nderstand nothing is perfect. Plus perch have seized not eve a month in. I’m waiting for my new springs and perches, it’s been 2 weeks now since eqt replied, a month now since I first reach out to them

I didn’t suggest modifying anything. Simply changing the layout of the customizable suspension setup. I also noted your perch position wasn’t actually maxed out from your pictures. You said you were going to try the solutions, but then you found your perches “seized” for some reason. FWIW, you’re the first and only person to have “seized” their perches. There’s absolutely nothing special there... just standard locking rings. We’re happy to replace them for you, but this is highly unlikely to be an issue with the product itself.

We’ve been waiting on extra replacement parts from the supplier and unfortunately they’re being slow to respond.

Thanks
— Ed

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Why don't you just return them and get an air ride suspension, since you want to be very low with zero gap.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Why don't you just return them and get an air ride suspension, since you want to be very low with zero gap.

He can just get better coils from a suspension company instead. EQT should probably change the description (remove completely slammed) or maybe give people an adjustment range for a Golf R and GTI.