GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The black ones are $313USD and the red are I think $336USD each. I was quoted (and charged) $44USD for FedEx shipping, but we'll see if that holds true or not.

I couldn't make up my mind to get red or black but in the end I went with the black calipers (I have an R) with the older TTS script.
Thats a really good price! It's also pretty nice that it comes in black to match your R rear brakes.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The black ones are $313USD and the red are I think $336USD each. I was quoted (and charged) $44USD for FedEx shipping, but we'll see if that holds true or not.

I couldn't make up my mind to get red or black but in the end I went with the black calipers (I have an R) with the older TTS script.

Thats not a bad price. What dealer did you get them from?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Thats not a bad price. What dealer did you get them from?

E-acca.

I only placed the order yesterday, so too early to say if everything will work out. I'm half expecting an email about part availability or added shipping costs.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
On ebay? I can't see any TTS callipers on there if it is

https://www.e-acca.com

They are based in Latvia. I've bought quite a bit from them. Prices are generally much cheaper than US vendors but you have to remember that it can take several weeks for the parts to arrive.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
https://www.e-acca.com

They are based in Latvia. I've bought quite a bit from them. Prices are generally much cheaper than US vendors but you have to remember that it can take several weeks for the parts to aI rrive.

I searched for the part number; 8S0615107J and got a hit at 287.35 Euros. Does that sound about right as there's no photo or description for the part number?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Sounds right. They seldom have any pics. I don't think that they stock much inventory but rather order from the suppliers as orders are placed.

Now,.with you being in the UK, I am not sure how they compare on price to other UK-based resellers but for the US, they are normally considerably cheaper than the US shops, the downside is waiting several weeks for the parts to arrive.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Sounds right. They seldom have any pics. I don't think that they stock much inventory but rather order from the suppliers as orders are placed.

Now,.with you being in the UK, I am not sure how they compare on price to other UK-based resellers but for the US, they are normally considerably cheaper than the US shops, the downside is waiting several weeks for the parts to arrive.

So almost everything is cheaper in the US than the UK so if they're cheap for you they will be even more so for us across the Pond.
Over here quite a bit of the cheaper VW spare parts comes from Eastern Europe.
If you've looked at the KillerBrakes website thats why his stuff is cheaper as thats where he's based.
I was looking at possibly getting Macan callipers from the US next time I visited my family over there as they are almost $200 cheaper in the US than the UK but at this price I may have to think again.
Thanks for the 'heads-up'

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I talked with Neuspeed on Wednesday and they said that if the TT-S pads have the notch for the wear sensor, you can add one and they have the wear sensor available online:

https://neuspeed.com/collections/au...tro/products/brake-pad-sensor-wire-99bbsensor

Only 1 is needed.

He was also kind enough to pull a set of the TT-S isweep IS1500 pads and verified that they are notched to take the sensor.

They can also supply the brake lines if you do a custom order (no additional cost). This adds a ton of color variety if so desired.

I have the lines, isweep IS1500's, and wear sensor on order from Neuspeed for my conversion so I'll post updates once I get the calipers from Latvia and get everything installed.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
The parts for my conversion are trickling in - if FedEx and UPS don't drop the ball - I should have everything in my hands by late next week.

I should note that I went this route as I wanted a bit of a bump in braking performance vs. the stock Golf R brakes (4-piston vs. 1-piston). My R is my daily driver and I don't track it, so I didn't need to have a large number of brake pad options at my disposal. I go through brake pads every 3 or so years, so I don't need open top calipers that allow for quick pad swaps. Another thing I factored in was that the TT-S calipers come in black which match the existing Golf R rear brakes, so I would not need to worry about painting or powder coating them to match. Going the Macan route could have saved some bucks, but I am partial to Audi "S" brakes as I run S3 8L 312mm brakes on my Mk3 GTI.

For my set up, I ordered parts from e-Acca, Neuspeed, and DAP for the basic kit. I did this as DAP shows the kit as back ordered 30-45 days and I wasn't prepared to wait that long. I know I would have talked myself out of spending the money had I had that much time to think about it. I ended up spending $1007.73 shipped for the parts in the "DAP kit" but in that figure I upgraded to near dustless iSweep IS1500s which cost me $50.07 more than the OEM pads. I also bought the brake lines from Neuspeed directly and that ended up costing me ~$10 more vs. buying them from DAP. I wasn't thinking and forgot to order the caliper bolts and rotor screws from e-Acca so that cost me an additional $13 or so.

I also wanted to put on new rotors while I was at it, but finding what I wanted in stock anywhere was difficult. Most vendors were out of stock or back ordered for months and I couldn't talk myself into spending the money for the OEM Clubsport ones from e-Acca as I was trying to stay on a budget - the added weight would have killed the international shipping costs. I ended up going with StopTech drilled rotors. I lucked out here as Amazon had the right side listed for $63 vs. the normal $154 so I was able to save ~$90. I also added a wear sensor, 10mm DAP spacers/bolts and OEM VW lug caps since I'd be losing the ability to retain the factory locks.

My parts list for the front:
Part#DescriptionQuantityPriceVendor
8S0-615-107-GTT-S caliper (black) left1$313.47e-Acca
8S0-615-108-GTT-S caliper (black) right1$313.47e-Acca
8W0-698-231TT-S caliper clips *** NOT NEEDED AS THEY ARE INCLUDED WITH THE CALIPERS ***2$19.28e-Acca
128.33144LStoptech drilled 340mm rotor Front Left1$154.17Amazon
128.33144RStoptech drilled 340mm rotor Front Right1$63.42Amazon
IS.1500.R1478iSweep IS1500 pads1$167.00Neuspeed
H.VW.2F.411.CLR*Neuspeed TT-S/Golf R front lines1$76.46Neuspeed
99.BB.SENSORAudi TT-S wear sensor1$14.95Neuspeed
N-910-849-01Front brake carrier bolt M14 x 1.5 x 55mm4$20.56DAP
N-106-483-01Rotor set screw2$1.86DAP
10-5112-571-B10mm spacers w/bolts1$75.98DAP
1K0-601-173--9B9Lug caps2$3.64DAP
Motul RBF 600 High Performance Brake Fluid (1/2 liter)2$39.98DAP
Shipping (e-Acca/DAP)$56FedEx/UPS
Total$1,319.89

* - The last 3 characters of the Neuspeed brake lines are the color of the coating. I went with clear, thus the CLR at the end.

So for ~$200 more than the cost of the kit DAP sells, I was able to get the same parts but with the pads I wanted, as well as rotors, a wear sensor, and spacers.

This is my parts list for the rear:
H.VW.2R.438.CLRNeuspeed rear lines
1​
$76.46​
Neuspeed
15-5112-571-B15mm spacers w/bolts
1​
$79.98​
DAP
1K0-601-173--9B9Lug caps
2​
$3.64​
DAP
128.33113LStoptech drilled 310mm rotor Rear Left
1​
$105.76​
Amazon
128.33113RStoptech drilled 310mm rotor Rear Right
1​
$115.97​
Amazon
EUR1761Akebono rear pads
1​
$44.79​
RockAuto
N-106-483-01Rotor set screw
2​
$1.86​
DAP
Total$428.46

While I was waiting for parts to arrive, I started to review my invoices and decided (as an afterthought as I could have saved myself a few bucks had I paid closer attention beforehand) to poke around and find the cheapest way to buy the kit that DAP sells - IE: calipers, clips, pads, lines, bolts, screws, fluid.

For those interested in doing this on a tight budget, here is the cheapest way I was able to find to buy the parts:
8S0-615-107-GTT-S caliper (black) left
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
8S0-615-108-GTT-S caliper (black) right
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
8S0-698-151-AOEM pads
1​
$116.93​
DAP
Neuspeed TT-S/Mk7 Golf brake lines
1​
$66.45​
DAP
N-910-849-01Front brake carrier bolt M14 x 1.5 x 55mm
4​
$8.88​
e-Acca
2​
$0.72​
e-Acca
Motul RBF 600 High Performance Brake Fluid (1/2 liter)
2​
$39.98​
DAP
Shipping from e-Acca
$44.00​
FedEx
Total
$903.90

Update 07/09 - 8W0-698-231 - TT-S brake pad clips - are not needed and I removed them from the above chart as the TT-S calipers I ordered from e-Acca included them as part of each caliper, so this saves an additional $20 from the total. I updated the list above and the total cost.

Mind you, the above I believe uses the OEM TT-S pads which I am not sure is the best route to take. Also note that If you order the OEM pads, brake lines and Motul from the DAP kit configuration page, they don't charge for shipping. You can also save from money by switching brake fluid.

TT-S IS1500 pads with Neuspeed-supplied Audi wear sensor attached

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
The parts for my conversion are trickling in - if FedEx and UPS don't drop the ball - I should have everything in my hands by late next week. I went this route as I wanted a bit of a bump in performance vs. the stock Golf R brakes. My car is my daily driver and I don't track it, so I didnt need to have a large number of brakes pad options at my disposal. The TT-S calipers come in black which match the existing Golf rear brakes, so I would not need to worry about painting or powder coating them to match. Going the Macan route could have saved some bucks, but I am partial to Audi as I run S3 brakes on my Mk3 GTI.

Just for future reference, the Macan brakes are the same as the Audi Q5. The Audi brakes are unpainted and more expensive for whatever reason, but they're the same base part.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The parts for my conversion are trickling in - if FedEx and UPS don't drop the ball - I should have everything in my hands by late next week. I went this route as I wanted a bit of a bump in performance vs. the stock Golf R brakes. My car is my daily driver and I don't track it, so I didnt need to have a large number of brakes pad options at my disposal. The TT-S calipers come in black which match the existing Golf rear brakes, so I would not need to worry about painting or powder coating them to match. Going the Macan route could have saved some bucks, but I am partial to Audi as I run S3 brakes on my Mk3 GTI.

In the meantime I started to review my invoices and decided (as an afterthought as I could have saved myself a few bucks had I paid closer attention beforehand) to poke around and find the cheapest way to buy the kit that DAP sells - IE: calipers, clips, pads, lines, bolts, screws, fluid.

For those interested in doing this on a tight budget, here is the cheapest way I was able to find to buy the parts in the basic kit that DAP sells:
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
8W0-698-231TT-S caliper clips
2​
$19.28​
e-Acca
8S0-698-151-AOEM pads
1​
$116.93​
DAP
Neuspeed TT-S/Mk7 Golf brake lines
1​
$66.45​
DAP
4​
$8.88​
e-Acca
2​
$0.72​
e-Acca
2​
$39.98​
DAP
Shipping from e-Acca
$44.00​
FedEx
Total
$923.18

Mind you, the above uses the OEM TT-S pads which I am not sure is the best route to take. Also note that If you order the OEM pads, brake lines and Motul from the DAP kit configuration page, they don't charge for shipping.

For my set up, I ordered parts from e-Acca, Neuspeed, and DAP for the basic kit. I did this as DAP shows the kit as back ordered 30-45 days and I wasn't prepared to wait that long. I would have talked myself out of spending the money at all had I that much time to think about it. I ended up spending $1007.73 for the parts in the "DAP Kit" but in that figure I upgraded to near dustless isweep IS1500s which cost me $50.07 more than the OEM pads included in the kit DAP sells. I also bought the brake lines from Neuspeed directly and that ended up costing me ~$10 more vs. buying them from DAP. I wasn't thinking and forgot to order the caliper bolts and rotor screws from e-Acca so that cost me an additional $13 or so.

I also wanted to get rotors while I was at it, but finding what I wanted in stock anywhere was difficult. Most vendors were out of stock or back ordered for months and I couldn't talk myself into spending the money for the OEM Clubsport ones as I was trying to stay on a budget - even had I got them from e-Acca, the added weight would have killed shipping. I ended up going with StopTech drilled rotors. I lucked out here as Amazon had the right side listed for $63 vs. the normal $154 so I was able to save a few bucks there. I also added a wear sensor, 10mm DAP spacers/bolts and OEM VW lug caps since I'd be losing the ability to retain the factory locks.

My order:
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
1​
$313.47​
e-Acca
8W0-698-231TT-S caliper clips
2​
$19.28​
e-Acca
128.33144LStoptech drilled 340mm rotor Front Left
1​
$154.17​
Amazon
128.33144RStoptech drilled 340mm rotor Front Right
1​
$63.42​
Amazon
IS.1500.R1478isweep IS1500 pads
1​
$167.00​
Neuspeed
H.VW.2F.411.CLRNeuspeed TT-S/Golf R front lines
1​
$76.46​
Neuspeed
99.BB.SENSORAudi TT-S wear sensor
1​
$14.95​
Neuspeed
4​
$20.56​
DAP
2​
$1.86​
DAP
10-5112-571-B10mm spacers w/bolts
1​
$75.98​
DAP
1K0-601-173--9B9Lug caps
2​
$3.64​
DAP
2​
$39.98​
DAP
Shipping (e-Acca/DAP)
$56​
FedEx/UPS
Total
$1,319.89​

So for ~$200 more than the cost of the DAP kit, I was able to get the same kit but with the pads I wanted, as well as add rotors and spacers.

Great update on the cost.
I keep looking at the kit form KillerBrakes website (https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...lf-7-7-5-brakes/vw-golf-7-7-5-brake-calipers/) to by see if I can get them cheaper by putting the kit together myself in the same way you did ... either that or go down the Macan route ...