GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are high end Tints worth the price tag?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,

Long story short, I brought home a brand new 19 SE last weekend, and am looking into getting a tint job. I previously owned an Mk7 Gti, which I did tint as well, thru a local shop around town. I never did know what brand/quality of tint they used, but I never had an issue with it, and it cost me around $375 installed all the way around. This time around I am looking into getting tint done by a premium shop in the suburbs around Chicago, and they offer a classic tint, FormulaOne Pinnacle, and FormulaOne Stratos, each with their prices set accordingly. I am not opposed to spending money for quality, but I want to know from those out there if these are worth it? My Gti is a big investment and want what is best to preserve and protect it for many years to come.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think they're worth it but I would check another place that uses the same tint to see if it's priced right.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve heard the same. Some swear their glass shattered because of the tint, but i think that involved older sunroof designs. I did discuss this with the shop and they claim to not have had any issues.