GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Installed a set of 7.5 tail lights on my 2017 Mk7 GTI using USP’s coding instructions, but the turn signals aren’t dynamic and blink together and the rear fog light is always on. Any ideas to correct this issue??
Whos harness did you use? That's the deciding factor in whos instructions to use

zh7575

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Whos harness did you use? That's the deciding factor in whos instructions to use
The harness was from Eurozone tuning who says theirs is the same as DAP’s and it certainly looks like it is. When their instructions were tried the tail lights stayed on all the time even when the car was off.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
The harness was from Eurozone tuning who says theirs is the same as DAP’s and it certainly looks like it is. When their instructions were tried the tail lights stayed on all the time even when the car was off.
I believe USP makes their own harness. You should use DAP’s coding instructions (make sure to undo any other coding changes you have done to the taillights)

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
Best source to get harness from Halogen to newest tail lights w/ dynamic blinkers?

Thanks.

I went with Zero815's harness. Haven't received my tail lights yet (stuck in France for over a week now...), but did get my harness very quickly. Super excellent quality from what I can see and from what I've read from others in this thread. He's also super helpful and friendly!

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Tha
I went with Zero815's harness. Haven't received my tail lights yet (stuck in France for over a week now...), but did get my harness very quickly. Super excellent quality from what I can see and from what I've read from others in this thread. He's also super helpful and friendly!

Thank you for the quick reply!

So this harness let’s you use the old halogen tail lights and connect the facelift LED tail lights with dynamic blinkers, correct?

Also, mind sending me the price it cost you in a PM? Thanks

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Just got my 7.5 R and been looking for the eurospec tailights for my facelifted car and haven't been able to find any that are "compatible" with my car...

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
So this harness let’s you use the old halogen tail lights and connect the facelift LED tail lights with dynamic blinkers, correct?

I personally wouldn't run both the old halogens and the LEDs at the same time, lest you be accused of being "rice", but that would certainly be unique :)

But yes, if you have the Mk7 with halogen tails currently, you can swap them for the Mk7.5 dynamic set with the use of a harness.

And another vote for @ZERO815 , he is an amazing resource. His harnesses are not the cheapest, but without question provides the most comprehensive support of any of the harness suppliers (a lot of whom just sell to you and you have to figure everything out yourself).

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Just got my 7.5 R and been looking for the eurospec tailights for my facelifted car and haven't been able to find any that are "compatible" with my car...
I personally wouldn't run both the old halogens and the LEDs at the same time, lest you be accused of being "rice", but that would certainly be unique :)

But yes, if you have the Mk7 with halogen tails currently, you can swap them for the Mk7.5 dynamic set with the use of a harness.

And another vote for @ZERO815 , he is an amazing resource. His harnesses are not the cheapest, but without question provides the most comprehensive support of any of the harness suppliers (a lot of whom just sell to you and you have to figure everything out yourself).

I meant to ask if this harness is halogen to facelift LED, I never intended to put half halogen half LED! Thanks for your input. If you mind sending me the priceyou got over PM that’d be awesome.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie

There's 2 types of Mk7.5 facelift Eurospec LED tails - low line and high line. The low line is the same as you would have on your R, but with an amber (non-dynamic) blinker instead. The high line is the set with the dynamic amber turn signals with very different running and brake lights compared to the low line. I assume you are looking for the dynamic set, to which you have a wealth of options:

Dynamic Mk7.5 LED tails
- OE factory (5G1052200C): E-Acca or Cars245 usually have the best prices
- OEM factory (made by Magneti Marelli, the factory that makes the OE lights, but just without the VW logos): DAP sells them and there might be more sellers out there, but doesn't make sense when it is more expensive than OE from the likes of E-Acca.
- Replica set with Mk7.5 connectors: made by companies like Helix and possibly others
- Replica set with Mk7 connectors: many options on Aliexpress to choose from.

Not sure how you define "compatible" as any of the above are "compatible" with your car with the proper harness. The first 3 options above with Mk7.5 connectors are technically plug and play, you just won't get full functionality without harness and coding (eg, no dynamic turn signal).

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I meant to ask if this harness is halogen to facelift LED, I never intended to put half halogen half LED! Thanks for your input. If you mind sending me the priceyou got over PM that’d be awesome.

Just PM ZERO directly. He is very responsive and to be perfectly honest, I really can't remember what I paid for them, but remember at the time when I was researching that his price was something in the middle of the various suppliers. His support is worth every penny though and he will custom make harness for your situation (car model year, lights/connector and what you are trying to achieve with regards to functionality).

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
There's 2 types of Mk7.5 facelift Eurospec LED tails - low line and high line. The low line is the same as you would have on your R, but with an amber (non-dynamic) blinker instead. The high line is the set with the dynamic amber turn signals with very different running and brake lights compared to the low line. I assume you are looking for the dynamic set, to which you have a wealth of options:

Dynamic Mk7.5 LED tails
- OE factory (5G1052200C): E-Acca or Cars245 usually have the best prices
- OEM factory (made by Magneti Marelli, the factory that makes the OE lights, but just without the VW logos): DAP sells them and there might be more sellers out there, but doesn't make sense when it is more expensive than OE from the likes of E-Acca.
- Replica set with Mk7.5 connectors: made by companies like Helix and possibly others
- Replica set with Mk7 connectors: many options on Aliexpress to choose from.

Not sure how you define "compatible" as any of the above are "compatible" with your car with the proper harness. The first 3 options above with Mk7.5 connectors are technically plug and play, you just won't get full functionality without harness and coding (eg, no dynamic turn signal).

Thank you for the run down on the low line and high line, that makes it very clear and now i understand. Thank you!

When i was on the DAP site or United and I chose those lights it flagged that it was not compatible...maybe they just hadn't updated the car models and what works?

cars245 unavailable but found these from VLAND Eurospec tails

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Thank you for the run down on the low line and high line, that makes it very clear and now i understand. Thank you!

When i was on the DAP site or United and I chose those lights it flagged that it was not compatible...maybe they just hadn't updated the car models and what works?

cars245 unavailable but found these from VLAND Eurospec tails

I think VLAND is not genuine but aftermarket.

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
I think VLAND is not genuine but aftermarket.

you're right. emailed them yesterday to see if there's harnesses included etc