Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Maybe pick out something else instead when you return the jack stands. 🤷‍♂️

hazard fraught.jpg

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
My wife was pretty horrified when I told her about this, as I'm almost totally under cars on a regular basis. I returned mine a while back and replace them with Esco's. Last year I also invested in some 72" race ramps too, since the Rhinoramps are known to fail too.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
My wife was pretty horrified when I told her about this, as I'm almost totally under cars on a regular basis. I returned mine a while back and replace them with Esco's. Last year I also invested in some 72" race ramps too, since the Rhinoramps are known to fail too.
where did you see Rhinoramps are known to fail?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Just look on various forums, they bust / bend / crack regular enough you'll see a good helping. I had one bow out real bad at the top stop with just a EK Honda Civic on them once. I am not trying to say they are man killers or anything, but between my experience and the casual research I did after that, it is not an isolated incident.

I DO think some of it can be attributed to being placed on uneven surfaces... yet another thing I don't have to worry about on the race ramps.

where did you see Rhinoramps are known to fail?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
For those with quick jacks, are they low enough (I have a stock height car) I can push them together and park over them when not in use?

I've recently gone from a 1000 sq ft garage -> 400, sooooo space is a premium. If not I was thinking maybe I could have the concrete cut and inset them.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just look on various forums, they bust / bend / crack regular enough you'll see a good helping. I had one bow out real bad at the top stop with just a EK Honda Civic on them once. I am not trying to say they are man killers or anything, but between my experience and the casual research I did after that, it is not an isolated incident.

I DO think some of it can be attributed to being placed on uneven surfaces... yet another thing I don't have to worry about on the race ramps.
I think the rhino ramps work fine. Like anything else you need to use them properly. I used mine for 2 years and didn't have an issue. Just because your experience was bad, doesn't mean others also had a bad experience. I'm sure the % of ramps that fail is a very small number.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I'm sure the % of failures on the HF jack stands was low too, would you like to use mine? Not trying to start a pissing match here, but given the options.... I will choose something made of solid block dense foam vs. voided plastic for ramps here on. Not to mention the 72" race ramps is the bees knees for lowered cars.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I'm sure the % of failures on the HF jack stands was low too, would you like to use mine? Not trying to start a pissing match here, but given the options.... I will choose something made of solid block dense foam vs. voided plastic for ramps here on. Not to mention the 72" race ramps is the bees knees for lowered cars.
the race ramps are better, just felt like your post about rhinoramps wasn't correct. good luck with the race ramps

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
For those with quick jacks, are they low enough (I have a stock height car) I can push them together and park over them when not in use?

I've recently gone from a 1000 sq ft garage -> 400, sooooo space is a premium. If not I was thinking maybe I could have the concrete cut and inset them.

Yes. I have a Miata on coilovers that is pretty damn low and they fit fine underneath the car.

I think the QuickJack is 3" tall when it's fully collapsed so if your car can't clear that you've probably got bigger problems.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
For limited space garages, I also suggest Rennstands by SafeJack (jack stands). It is a huge space saver as you can just place your jack stands under your OEM jack point. Otherwise difficult to get to the front or rear center lift point under the car as the wall or garage door blocks your hydraulic jack handle..

I have a 850sq ft garage but still use it as I don't work on the car enough to get a 2 post.