GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SneekyTuned OTS Tunes

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like my exact history of dealing with 5150, I’m glad i wasn’t the only one unfortunately. Sneeky has offered to help me multiple times with tune when Jon wrote me off. I don’t think I’ll ever use him again. Sneeky and EQT seem to respond , but so did Jon until I paid him .

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Seems like every individual tuner who gets popular runs into not being able to deliver the same level of service to their newest customers.

Demand outstrips capacity and either service declines or the business expands too fast and quality goes down. Having a useful skill and being good at running a business isn't exactly the same thing.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I never understood this problem. Raise the price till you get the demand down to a reasonable level. People WILL pay. Who cares if people complain about the price, there will be enough people who will still buy it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I never understood this problem. Raise the price till you get the demand down to a reasonable level. People WILL pay. Who cares if people complain about the price, there will be enough people who will still buy it.

Or hire more help to keep up with the demand.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Some people have a hard time handing over tuning duties to other people, because it is their name on the line if something goes wrong or is missed. With that being said, some tuners should periodically not accept new accounts until old tunes are completed.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Some people have a hard time handing over tuning duties to other people, because it is their name on the line if something goes wrong or is missed. With that being said, some tuners should periodically not accept new accounts until old tunes are completed.

Ah, business classes all over again. Used to be this way with me when I did custom gunsmithing. Put out really good product, but did it all myself. Didn't really trust anyone else to help since I'm so particular and wanted to absolutely, positively make sure it was right. Pretty soon had to put off newer customers as the work piled up. Then those folks went elsewhere while business slowed with the regulars. Before I knew it, no more business. Hard to balance when I'm so GD anal.

I suspect tuners have it the same, especially when it comes to quality and reputation. Still, gotta be some competent folks in the industry to help the big name tuners with some things. Even if it's just answering the phone or emails. /tangent

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Any updates on this???

TheguywiththeJetta

I have a sneakytuned file for my GLi (same platform). It makes very good power, but the turbo lag and accelerator pedal mapping weren't great to me. I don't have a dyno, but it seems to make more power than the Unitronic tune I had before, and more than the base Cobb maps (of course). I have nothing bad to say about sneaky, and he is quick to answer emails about anything you might need. I'm running EQT right now, but I've tried a few different tunes. Eqt is smoother for daily driving, but I felt like sneakytuned made more power, it was just kind of laggy, and the power would hit in a sudden surge. My car is a 6MT 2019 GLI.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I have a sneakytuned file for my GLi (same platform). It makes very good power, but the turbo lag and accelerator pedal mapping weren't great to me. I don't have a dyno, but it seems to make more power than the Unitronic tune I had before, and more than the base Cobb maps (of course). I have nothing bad to say about sneaky, and he is quick to answer emails about anything you might need. I'm running EQT right now, but I've tried a few different tunes. Eqt is smoother for daily driving, but I felt like sneakytuned made more power, it was just kind of laggy, and the power would hit in a sudden surge. My car is a 6MT 2019 GLI.

What is peak boost?