GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I'm there with you. It was great for the first year and I still really enjoy it, but in retrospect, I should have gone with EQT.

I wanna do this on my Alltrack so bad after hating my Uni E/TCU tunes on my GTI, but I just found out they don't have support for the 1.8 ECU :(

maliLOZAR

Hey everyone, quick question about buying GTD..
So i found a GTD with a 199000km (around 123652 miles if i am right) i know this is alot for a car but on this specific car ownee says he made a big servis around 154000km (95691 miles). And also says that regular services were made every 10000km (6213 miles).. So I wanna hear your opinion, is this okay or is it too much miles and it would go bad very soon?
Thank you!

maliLOZAR

It hat service book so i think this is proof for kilometers and services right?
I don' t really know my goals, but i would like as much as possible because this would be my first car and i really like GTDs..

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm not familiar with the GTD as it is not sold in the NA market, but I've owned a Jetta TDI. In general, you will have higher maintenance costs with a VW diesel than a gasser, which is more than made up for with fuel economy. I don't know what the GTD maintenance is, but if it's similar to a TDI, then 120K miles is right around the time you need a timing belt. That is a major service. At the same time, if your engine has a DPF, it needs to be checked for ash content and most likely replaced, another major cost. If you are checking records, make sure that they have a record of changing the fuel filter (very important in a diesel), and if it has a DSG transmission, fluid and filter changes every 40K miles or equivalent.

Go through the maintenance log and look for expensive items.

maliLOZAR

I'm not familiar with the GTD as it is not sold in the NA market, but I've owned a Jetta TDI. In general, you will have higher maintenance costs with a VW diesel than a gasser, which is more than made up for with fuel economy. I don't know what the GTD maintenance is, but if it's similar to a TDI, then 120K miles is right around the time you need a timing belt. That is a major service. At the same time, if your engine has a DPF, it needs to be checked for ash content and most likely replaced, another major cost. If you are checking records, make sure that they have a record of changing the fuel filter (very important in a diesel), and if it has a DSG transmission, fluid and filter changes every 40K miles or equivalent.

Go through the maintenance log and look for expensive items.

Thank you,will take a look on that..

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Would love the codes, nervous about screwing something up
Obd11 pro sounds like the way to go
yeah always get the pro, that way you can do the coding. Also you need a android device as ios is in beta still.

Codes for putting windows down/up via keyfob:

Code:
Windows up/down by remote
09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation - 10
(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening-> “active”
(3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing-> “active”
(7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen-> “active”
(6)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort schliessen-> “active”
(27)-Access control 2-Menuesteurung Komfortbedienung einstellbar -> “adjustable”
In head unit, Car - Setup - Open and Close - Conv. opening (all windows or drivers window)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hey everyone, quick question about buying GTD..
So i found a GTD with a 199000km (around 123652 miles if i am right) i know this is alot for a car but on this specific car ownee says he made a big servis around 154000km (95691 miles). And also says that regular services were made every 10000km (6213 miles).. So I wanna hear your opinion, is this okay or is it too much miles and it would go bad very soon?
Thank you!
It’s a GTD. If the suspension hasn’t been replaced, replace it and enjoy the car for another 200K miles lol

ishkrbibbl

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
yeah always get the pro, that way you can do the coding. Also you need a android device as ios is in beta still.

Codes for putting windows down/up via keyfob:

Code:
Windows up/down by remote
09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation - 10
(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening-> “active”
(3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing-> “active”
(7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen-> “active”
(6)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort schliessen-> “active”
(27)-Access control 2-Menuesteurung Komfortbedienung einstellbar -> “adjustable”
In head unit, Car - Setup - Open and Close - Conv. opening (all windows or drivers window)
Will order a Pro in the morning. Excited! Thnx d

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
My overhead door that holds the sunglasses snapped off. I’m using gorilla glue to fix the plastic tab and then I’m going to try to push it back in with the spring on the right side.
Stupid question but has anyone done this before? Researching it I think I have to replace the whole overhead console and not just the drop down compartment??

rber

Car(s)
17 Golf GTI SE
I'm waiting on my purchase for a 17 GTI SE go through and starting to think about Stage 1 tuning. It looks like all the options for home flashing through the AP require a constant internet connection (e.g. Unitronic and Eurodyne). I have some concerns about bricking the ECU during the flash process if my wifi drops or the battery goes low. I know I can get a battery charger to keep the voltage up there, but I can't think of a good solution for the wifi (other than maybe a wired connection, but those can drop too).

Anyone know if there are any home flashing options that don't rely on a constant internet connection? I assume they do this so it is more difficult to spread their tune files around.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm waiting on my purchase for a 17 GTI SE go through and starting to think about Stage 1 tuning. It looks like all the options for home flashing through the AP require a constant internet connection (e.g. Unitronic and Eurodyne). I have some concerns about bricking the ECU during the flash process if my wifi drops or the battery goes low. I know I can get a battery charger to keep the voltage up there, but I can't think of a good solution for the wifi (other than maybe a wired connection, but those can drop too).

Anyone know if there are any home flashing options that don't rely on a constant internet connection? I assume they do this so it is more difficult to spread their tune files around.

Cobb doesn't require internet. It gets uploaded to the AP and the AP has no wifi capabilities at all.