GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Clutch is broken in and finally holds torque. This is the starting point of my IS38 map.

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
Went ahead and got the dsg tune, wouldn't say it's amazing but think it's helping with any slippage.

Separately, I have a stratified ecu base tune and I recently added a fmic and looking to do a downpipe. Eventually I would like to swap in an is38.

Recognizing that I would leave some power in the table, can I install the downpipe and wait to retune until the is38?

It will probably be a year unless I fall into some money.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Went ahead and got the dsg tune, wouldn't say it's amazing but think it's helping with any slippage.

Separately, I have a stratified ecu base tune and I recently added a fmic and looking to do a downpipe. Eventually I would like to swap in an is38.

Recognizing that I would leave some power in the table, can I install the downpipe and wait to retune until the is38?

It will probably be a year unless I fall into some money.
I don't think that would be a problem except your CEL will probably be on if you don't have a proper spacer. The tune will 'hide' the CEL from the dash but the code will still come up (which will be a problem if you need to get smogged)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've been filling up on 3 gals of ethanol lately and have been seeing much less knock retard, although it's been a bit cooler the last few days too. The station doesn't have the exact ethanol %, it just says 53-83% ethanol so in the app I use I just put 83% ethanol with a target blend of e30 and hope for somewhere between e20-e30. Until I get a testing kit and gas can is there an easier/better way I haven't thought of?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've been filling up on 3 gals of ethanol lately and have been seeing much less knock retard, although it's been a bit cooler the last few days too. The station doesn't have the exact ethanol %, it just says 53-83% ethanol so in the app I use I just put 83% ethanol with a target blend of e30 and hope for somewhere between e20-e30. Until I get a testing kit and gas can is there an easier/better way I haven't thought of?

The testing kit is the cheapest way to be sure. You should definitely get it and test the E85 from your station periodically. I was using a station that tested E70 last year. I stopped using ethanol in the winter. I go back to the same station which is now a Sunoco and the ethanol is testing in the low 50s! I then found a station that tested E80. The difference in timing I was able to run cleanly between the two 3 gal blends was at *least* 3 degrees of timing across the board.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yeah, test kit is easiest to figure out what it is and how consistent it is. In Lubbock, TX it's consistent E85 year round. I'm not super close to the station, so I buy it in 20 gallon batches or so and test the batch.

I was using a spreadsheet/calculator to guesstimate E content until I got an ethanol sensor. My estimations based off math were within about 1-2% of what the sensor reads.....so I didn't really need the sensor but it is a good confirmatory. Since going to an E blend tune I decided it was worth the money to get an actual sensor to play it safe, just in case.

Borkowski

Did you released your 7 speed dsg tune ? Bought my dsg upgrade in March cant wait to flash for you custom tune vs the cobb OTS ( still a total improvement over stock ).

Also for feedback for folks on the forum wondering if they should e-tune, in the proccess right now, i'm at the 4th revision, start to see an improvement, would definitly recommend, Stratified service is top notch !

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
So we called time on my 2019 Big Turbo E tune today, The E30 tune was scraped due to the Struggles with 99Ron.

Car Spec
Littco L460 Hybrid Turbo 54mm
De-Cat Downpipe
R600 Intake
Turbo Technic inler elbow ans pipe
HPFP
4 bar map sensor
GPF Bypass pipe

Customer Service
First off I wanted to talk about the customer service I Received through out the process.
Over all I have no real complaints, the revisions came thick and fast, sometimes even multiples in the same day and on occasion a surprise weekend update.
He was also still pushing updates all the way up to 34 revisions

The Map
so unfortunately we had lots of problems, My car is a new 2019 Simos 18.10 mk 7.5.
to start with the car was very fast but would loose all power after 5800 RPM, despite this shifting at 5500-5700 the car yielded 8.0 flat 100-200

after around 15 revisions we overcame this issue and things started to look up, unfortunately the car started to develop other issues and started to knock a fair bit. we wounded it back a lot and started to walk it up before it started to knock again.

we then discovered another issue, the car runs target Ign timing in what ever you plant the throttle in, however as you shift up it is pinned at 1.12 degrees, again the car continued to knock so we tried a few things and pulled more power out.

unfortunately after a 34 revisions we where unable to get the car to stop knocking, still seeing -4.5KR across most cylinders even with a max advance of 5 during WOT. we where also unable to get the car to recover Ign timing after a gear shift. Even when adding some canned Racefuel that I had left over from my race bike the knock remained.
we pulled plenty of power out but the car will not conform, we are now down to 10.5 second 100-200

overall im pretty disappointed with how the tune turned out especially considering it is now slower than is38 cars and even so still has a lot of problems. I don't blame Alex for this, and in hind site I should have had it done locally on a Dyno since it is a new Ecu with a complex setup.

The car will be booked in with unicorn motorsport who claims to be able to tune the new Ecus. hopefully this can shed some light on if the issue is the car, the map or the COBB Tuning suite.

This is no reflection on stratified abilities and from what others have said my car is. unique pain in the arse.

For anyone who cars here are the logs from the final Tune.

https://datazap.me/u/paxtond/log-1592172951?log=0&data=4-8-13-19-20-21-22

https://datazap.me/u/paxtond/log-1592169673?log=0&data=4-8-13-19-20-21-22

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So we called time on my 2019 Big Turbo E tune today, The E30 tune was scraped due to the Struggles with 99Ron.

Car Spec
Littco L460 Hybrid Turbo 54mm
De-Cat Downpipe
R600 Intake
Turbo Technic inler elbow ans pipe
HPFP
4 bar map sensor
GPF Bypass pipe

Customer Service
First off I wanted to talk about the customer service I Received through out the process.
Over all I have no real complaints, the revisions came thick and fast, sometimes even multiples in the same day and on occasion a surprise weekend update.
He was also still pushing updates all the way up to 34 revisions

The Map
so unfortunately we had lots of problems, My car is a new 2019 Simos 18.10 mk 7.5.
to start with the car was very fast but would loose all power after 5800 RPM, despite this shifting at 5500-5700 the car yielded 8.0 flat 100-200

after around 15 revisions we overcame this issue and things started to look up, unfortunately the car started to develop other issues and started to knock a fair bit. we wounded it back a lot and started to walk it up before it started to knock again.

we then discovered another issue, the car runs target Ign timing in what ever you plant the throttle in, however as you shift up it is pinned at 1.12 degrees, again the car continued to knock so we tried a few things and pulled more power out.

unfortunately after a 34 revisions we where unable to get the car to stop knocking, still seeing -4.5KR across most cylinders even with a max advance of 5 during WOT. we where also unable to get the car to recover Ign timing after a gear shift. Even when adding some canned Racefuel that I had left over from my race bike the knock remained.
we pulled plenty of power out but the car will not conform, we are now down to 10.5 second 100-200

overall im pretty disappointed with how the tune turned out especially considering it is now slower than is38 cars and even so still has a lot of problems. I don't blame Alex for this, and in hind site I should have had it done locally on a Dyno since it is a new Ecu with a complex setup.

The car will be booked in with unicorn motorsport who claims to be able to tune the new Ecus. hopefully this can shed some light on if the issue is the car, the map or the COBB Tuning suite.

This is no reflection on stratified abilities and from what others have said my car is. unique pain in the arse.

For anyone who cars here are the logs from the final Tune.

https://datazap.me/u/paxtond/log-1592172951?log=0&data=4-8-13-19-20-21-22

https://datazap.me/u/paxtond/log-1592169673?log=0&data=4-8-13-19-20-21-22
Have you ever talked to Cobb because now that you mention it they said when they realeased Cobb AP for WM MK7.5 GTI Simos 18.10 that it does not support OPF cars.

WHAT IS GPF?
The most recent world market GTIs potentially include some additional emissions-related components. It’s important to identify whether or not your GTI has those extra parts because the Accessport is currently only compatible with the Non-GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) cars. Here are some tips to identify what you own in case you are not sure.

At face value, a GPF and Non-GPF car appear the same from the outside and mostly are the same…you also can’t ID them based on the VIN or any kind of marking. The easiest way to tell is to take a peek under the hood and at the exhaust.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Have you ever talked to Cobb because now that you mention it they said when they realeased Cobb AP for WM MK7.5 GTI Simos 18.10 that it does not support OPF cars.

WHAT IS GPF?
The most recent world market GTIs potentially include some additional emissions-related components. It’s important to identify whether or not your GTI has those extra parts because the Accessport is currently only compatible with the Non-GPF (Gasoline Particulate Filter) cars. Here are some tips to identify what you own in case you are not sure.

At face value, a GPF and Non-GPF car appear the same from the outside and mostly are the same…you also can’t ID them based on the VIN or any kind of marking. The easiest way to tell is to take a peek under the hood and at the exhaust.

the official wordin non compatibility is based off the fact they dont currently have OTS maps for these cars, the do support the cars as they sell them direct to mountune uk who use them as their tuning device for GPF cars

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Well my 91 tune is all dialed in, just received the first E30 map. Can't wait to try that out.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
3282 is a little high for the weight isn't it?
3062 lb curb weight plus 220 lb driver. It's probably slightly more considering I have a 15 lb battery up front but a 10" sub in an MDF box in the rear.