GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
Any resolution? One of the reasons I was thinking of EQT was from their great customer service but recently I’ve heard they aren’t so responsive from a few I’ve talked to that are dealing with ongoing...stuff.

Hoping that they have taken care of you. They are very active on FB btw...but I thought they were on here too...

its been a week and no response yet. i sent another email!!! exactly, their 'great' customer service is one of the reason i went with EQT. not so great right now lol. maybe they're understaffed, who knows 🤷‍♂️

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
its been a week and no response yet. i sent another email!!! exactly, their 'great' customer service is one of the reason i went with EQT. not so great right now lol. maybe they're understaffed, who knows 🤷‍♂️

They are and I believe Ed and Patrick are working towards expanding (due to hiring of a sole person to help with protunes). Small business that exploded and is working to keep up.....great for them......patience needed for us.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

We are in the process of expanding our support staff. Sorry for the delayed response, but I’ll look into it today.

FWIW, a phone call/message will generally get a faster response than an email.

Thanks
— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I was also hoping to hear about a resolution. I'm super close to pulling the trigger on either eqts or kw v2s.

There is no inherent issue here as we have many sets out in the wild with people enjoying them. This is a very specific issue of a customer wanting to go very low. He could have done it by further adjusting the perches as suggested. But we’re also happy to help with extra customization.

— Ed

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I don't know them, but I would call them. Sometimes things go wrong with email and if you're able to connect by phone, problem solved

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I don't know them, but I would call them. Sometimes things go wrong with email and if you're able to connect by phone, problem solved

Exactly correct. If anything is considered urgent, or if we missed your email, please don’t hesitate to call (and leave a message if necessary).

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
There is no inherent issue here as we have many sets out in the wild with people enjoying them. This is a very specific issue of a customer wanting to go very low. He could have done it by further adjusting the perches as suggested. But we’re also happy to help with extra customization.

— Ed

FYI, i never said I wanted to go very low, All I want Is to have no gap between my wheels and fenders. if there’ was Room left to adjust why wouldn’t I adjust it. Anyway, thanks for reaching out yesterday

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
FYI, i never said I wanted to go very low, All I want Is to have no gap between my wheels and fenders. if there’ was Room left to adjust why wouldn’t I adjust it. Anyway, thanks for reaching out yesterday

No gap between the wheels and fenders is functionally very low, at least for any sort of track or spirited driving. These aren't H&R Ultra Lows or anything :ROFLMAO:

Can't speak for these units specifically since they do have separate preload and travel adjustments, but in many cases you can adjust coilovers beyond their intended range. Sometimes only in the front or rear depending on the adjuster design. You'll end up with a stance/look, but at the expense of performance, damper longevity, ride quality, etc.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

No gap at all is very low. We can get you set up for that, but its not a recommended height for anything but stance/show. And I responded explaining how you could have gotten some extra space out of the current hardware.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
No gap between the wheels and fenders is functionally very low, at least for any sort of track or spirited driving. These aren't H&R Ultra Lows or anything :ROFLMAO:

Can't speak for these units specifically since they do have separate preload and travel adjustments, but in many cases you can adjust coilovers beyond their intended range. Sometimes only in the front or rear depending on the adjuster design. You'll end up with a stance/look, but at the expense of performance, damper longevity, ride quality, etc.

Our coils have independent height and pre-load adjustments, so that's not much of an issue. But going too low will negatively impact handling of course. Either way, we have an option for folks wanting to go super low as well.

-- Ed

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-b...-vw-mqb-mk7-gti-golf-r-audi-a3-s3-audi-tt-tts

The ride height is adjustable independently of spring preload and offers enough adjustment to go from slightly higher than stock ride height down to completely slammed if you prefer that aggressive look. With the independent height adjustment, there is no need to change preload and sacrifice shock stroke when you change ride height.

No gap at all is very low. We can get you set up for that, but its not a recommended height for anything but stance/show. And I responded explaining how you could have gotten some extra space out of the current hardware.

Thanks
-- Ed

I guess these don’t go slammed...subjective I know but it’s odd that the front go so low but the rear is higher then most 1” springs.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
The ride height is adjustable independently of spring preload and offers enough adjustment to go from slightly higher than stock ride height down to completely slammed if you prefer that aggressive look. With the independent height adjustment, there is no need to change preload and sacrifice shock stroke when you change ride height.

..ok so to be clear, for me to achieve a 'very low', no gap bet wheel and fender height in the rear (not tucked in) you suggest i modify the perch by removing one of the locking ring or request for a shorter springs.. . i guess 'completely slammed' means this coilover will leave you some gap even on the lowest setting.