GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TPC20 Turbo Build... NOW TPC38BB Build

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
New Thread Post... My TPC20 Turbo Build... (06/09/2020)

I'm a 2015 GTI w/ Performance Package and DSG. I'm currently Stage 1+ Unitronic with the following engine upgrades:

- Unitronic Air Duct, Air Intake, Intercooler, Charge Pipes, SAI Filter
- CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe
- Fluidampr Crank Pulley
- BFI Stage 1 Engine and Trans Mounts + Dogbone Insert
- Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU + TCU Tunes

Here's my build thread for my TPC20. Just ordered everything. Should have everything by the end of the month and installed shortly after that. I'm planning on getting everything dynotuned so should have numbers once complete.

Parts Ordered:
  1. TPC20 Stage 3 Turbo
  2. OEM Diverter Valve
  3. VW OEM Turbo Install Kit
  4. MAPerformance Catted & Resonated Down Pipe
  5. Vibrant 17930 Resonator
  6. Wortex Aluminum Oil Pan
  7. LiqiMoly Oil Change Kit + Extra Quart for larger oil pan
  8. NGK R7437-8 Spark Plugs (if needed)
  9. RS7 Coil Packs (if needed)
  10. Looking at UM for tuning

Original Thread Post... Going TPC20. Fueling Options? (06/07/2020)
As the title says, going to swap my stock IS20 for the TPC20 Stage 3 turbo. They claim ~420whp/420wtq with stock fueling on 94 pump gas. My plan was to stay stock fueling but tuner recommends going with LPFP and MAYBE MPI... but I've heard that others are simply running upgraded HPFP and calling it a day. Also just saw upgraded fuel lines from LPFP to HPFP are supposed to help a good amount as well.

Curious on thoughts if I need anything fuel system wise, and if I do, which way to go.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Get a new tuner because that one doesn't have a clue. I have the TPC20 and I already had the HPFP but it isn't necessary. Stock fuel lines. Dynoed at 416 HP and 428 torque. I just got an EQT remote dyno tune and have slightly lower numbers but it was 107 degrees when I was tuned. Incredibly smooth and responsive. I highly recommend a remote dyno tune or protune with EQT.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Get a new tuner because that one doesn't have a clue. I have the TPC20 and I already had the HPFP but it isn't necessary. Stock fuel lines. Dynoed at 416 HP and 428 torque. I just got an EQT remote dyno tune and have slightly lower numbers but it was 107 degrees when I was tuned. Incredibly smooth and responsive. I highly recommend a remote dyno tune or protune with EQT.

good to hear. TBF, I don't think my installer is overly familiar with the TPC. I am looking at getting UM tuned as my installer is a rep and can dyno tune once all is completed. If I can see numbers like yours on 93 pump gas, I'll be extremely happy.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
good to hear. TBF, I don't think my installer is overly familiar with the TPC. I am looking at getting UM tuned as my installer is a rep and can dyno tune once all is completed. If I can see numbers like yours on 93 pump gas, I'll be extremely happy.

I'm pretty sure Jim is adding Torco to his fuel to bump octane.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Where does one get 94 pump near Brooklyn?

You don't. It's all 93. I didn't say I would be using it but I did say TPC did use it... up in Canada.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
SCORE! Just bought a case from FCP. Hopefully I can extract it from my gas when I'm done because that lifetime warranty yo.