GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newsouth boost tap & gauge question

SamFortun

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm considering getting the Newsouth boost gauge, and I know it comes with a boost tap. I can't find much info on the Newsouth boost tap, or installation instructions. It looks like it's a piece of hose with a vacuum nipple installed in the side. Does this go to the brake booster? Is this type of boost tap any good? I'm otherwise looking at one of the boost taps that goes inline with the PCV valve. I don't want to punch a hole in my intake. I know it's safe, it's just something I want to avoid.

Are people otherwise happy with the gauge?

Thanks

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Not familiar with Newsouth but the vacuum line is most likely meant for a boost tap. I have the one where you punch a hole in the intake manifold but there are others. I think I may have seen a catch can setup wit a boost tap source as well as the throttle body spaced ones. The throttle body spacer is a more involved install but is removable. Mine isn’t easily removable as it’s a permanent hole.

Whatever you do, avoid the boost tap which spaces your map sensor as it will lead to weird temperature readings. There is a thread on here discussing that kind of tap and the issues associated with it

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I'm considering getting the Newsouth boost gauge, and I know it comes with a boost tap. I can't find much info on the Newsouth boost tap, or installation instructions. It looks like it's a piece of hose with a vacuum nipple installed in the side. Does this go to the brake booster? Is this type of boost tap any good? I'm otherwise looking at one of the boost taps that goes inline with the PCV valve. I don't want to punch a hole in my intake. I know it's safe, it's just something I want to avoid.

Are people otherwise happy with the gauge?

Thanks

The newsouth boost tap goes on the side of the intake manifold. The vacuum nipple you are referring to works fine and has no issues, just doesnt look as pretty as the metal boost taps that are out there.