GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried searching through this thread but no luck.

Any experience with Strat's DSG Tune?

I live in the city and majority of my time is spent in sport mode 0-60ish. Their site emphasizes their ECU tune so much and very little info on their DSG tune.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

I live in the city and majority of my time is spent in sport mode 0-60ish. Their site emphasizes their ECU tune so much and very little info on their DSG tune.

http://mygolfmk7.com/dsg-tune-catalog/

This is probably your best resource if you haven't seen it yet. Some actual data on different DSG tunes and when they shift vs pedal position. And not just "oh wow it feels smooth" or whatever. Every tuner has their own flavor for DSG tunes...which is great because DSG tunes are very subjective. I haven't tried Strat's yet personally but probably will soon.

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
http://mygolfmk7.com/dsg-tune-catalog/

This is probably your best resource if you haven't seen it yet. Some actual data on different DSG tunes and when they shift vs pedal position. And not just "oh wow it feels smooth" or whatever. Every tuner has their own flavor for DSG tunes...which is great because DSG tunes are very subjective. I haven't tried Strat's yet personally but probably will soon.

I started looking through it and some interesting information, funny how he is looking for the opposite from me (D vs S).

I definitely want smooth shifts, but something just import I don't want to be hitting 7-8k RPM before up-shifting while im putting around in sport mode. I'd prefer it to be more reactive based whether I'm pedal to the floor.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I started looking through it and some interesting information, funny how he is looking for the opposite from me (D vs S).

I definitely want smooth shifts, but something just import I don't want to be hitting 7-8k RPM before up-shifting while im putting around in sport mode. I'd prefer it to be more reactive based whether I'm pedal to the floor.

Yeah you will be hard pressed to find good info unfortunately. From what I have seen and read... stratified aims to be "dynamic" in a manner like you're talking... don't hold revs forever with low pedal position but hold the gear longer with more pedal etc. But most of these discussions were focused on D, not S.

The great thing about the AP is you can freely experiment and jump around and try different DSG tunes. You're probably going to just have to try it and experiment a bit to find what suits you.

Alex @ Strat or other tuners may be down to give you a custom DSG tune with some customization and a few iterations back and forth. Wouldn't hurt to ask around if that's something that is important to you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I have the Stratified DSG tune and like it. I also have the EQT DSG tune. Under normal driving the Strat DSG tune shifts sooner than the EQT DSG tune. For an example with just moderate throttle the Strat tune shifts into 6th gear at 52 MPH and the EQT shifts into 6th at 63 MPH. For me because I do so much city driving making deliveries the Strat tune works better because of the prevailing speed limits. For aggressive driving I like the EQT tune better.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah you will be hard pressed to find good info unfortunately. From what I have seen and read... stratified aims to be "dynamic" in a manner like you're talking... don't hold revs forever with low pedal position but hold the gear longer with more pedal etc. But most of these discussions were focused on D, not S.

The great thing about the AP is you can freely experiment and jump around and try different DSG tunes. You're probably going to just have to try it and experiment a bit to find what suits you.

Alex @ Strat or other tuners may be down to give you a custom DSG tune with some customization and a few iterations back and forth. Wouldn't hurt to ask around if that's something that is important to you.

he will do a custom tune, he spun me up a quick custom 7 speed map when we exceeded the torque of the Cobb OTS map.

I also have plans to have him make a drag stip dsg map after we work out the torque drop offs for each gear so I can maintain maximum power throughout the run.

its worth talking to Alex if you get the chance, he's a fountain of knowledge with the ability to explain things in a way you will understand.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I think boost season is officially over 😥

Attachments

• 20200529_123404[1].jpg
    20200529_123404[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You're trying to figure out your trans ID?

If you haven't installed the TCU yet...attempt the DSG flash process and it will show you the TCU ID

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
You're trying to figure out your trans ID?

If you haven't installed the TCU yet...attempt the DSG flash process and it will show you the TCU ID

Yeah thanks I figured it out, .cobb sent me the .key file several hours later. Need some work on their instructions, had problems with their ecu tune too.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Maybe this should be in the stupid questions thread but would there be any benefit of running, say, e20 on my 91 oct tune during summer? The goal was to get an IC by now but my biz took a hit from the lockdown :cautious: