GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Wife’s Alltrack

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Picked up a 2019 Alltrack S - Great Falls Green on black interior after trading in my wife’s 2015 Golf SE
Born 10/17/2019, Purchased 4/21/2020.

6204F033-B5FA-4764-B5BB-1747A3F9E2C6.jpeg

Wife’s Mods:
OZ Superturismo GT 17x7.5 et35
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 225/50-17
ECS intake pipe
AFe DryFlow filter
Remove snowguard
Sound deadening (Noico 80mil butyl and 130mil foam)
LED trunk light
Golf R RSB
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Window tint - SolarGard Vortex IR Ceramic 35%
A119 dash cam
BMS Pedal Tuner
Gloss mirror caps
Golf R rear side spoilers
Lamin-x headlight and foglight film
GTI/R steering wheel conversion

Purchased/had and not yet installed:
Helix Soundbox - I have it, but I’m still on the fence as to if I want to do this in the Alltrack.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Tinted today. 35% SolarGard Vortex IR Ceramic. It feels like it’s a tad lighter than I expected compared to other 35% films I have had, but we will see how it cures up.

I haven’t had a SolarGard film in 20 years so we will see how it does. What I can say is that on the ride home from the tint shop I only had to run the AC on 1 to keep the car cool and I didn’t feel much radiant heat coming through the window during one of the 3 hottest hours of the day here

D7A9A26B-B921-4EF3-B31B-3F679C950D8E.jpeg

C0C86971-BFD7-426F-B7E9-32B034CDC3C8.jpeg

69D806CF-C016-4C88-943F-C698B89B901B.jpeg

661FCB0C-9BD7-4B1D-9F60-500157B78978.jpeg

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
The Alltrack looks fantastic in that color! What are her ultimate goals for the car?

She really only “wanted” the wheels and tint. I am doing everything else she has told me she always liked about my GTI that she never piped up and said she wanted to do to her 2015 Golf, other than lowering this one.

We want to retain the utility of the ride height. After 6 year warranty is done I may drop it, tune it, and dadwagen it for myself. We will see.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Wagon looks so good in that color. I'm having the same struggle with my wife... her car has so much potential, half of which she wants done, but she also knows I won't be able to stop myself if I get started. Keep us updated.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
Man I'm not picky about fender gap (I have an Alltrack as well), but that gap looks enormous with the smaller sidewall tires.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Man I'm not picky about fender gap (I have an Alltrack as well), but that gap looks enormous with the smaller sidewall tires.
They are 225/50 vs stock 55. Not really noticeable to me at all compared to the stock wheels and tires. FWIW I measured it at just over a 1/4” difference.

8691C6EB-85A8-475A-9B9F-FA3046810EA5.jpeg

Last edited:

KeithvH

Curious what brand of LED bulb did you go with for the trunk light? I've tried two now (Ziza and some ebay brand) and they both stay on faintly even with everything turned off.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Curious what brand of LED bulb did you go with for the trunk light? I've tried two now (Ziza and some ebay brand) and they both stay on faintly even with everything turned off.

It’s actually a DeAuto bulb. I am fairly certain it came from this kit if my memory and email order history are serving me correctly. https://deautokey.com/product/complete-interior-led-kit-error-free-fits-mk7-volkswagen-golf-gti-2015

I think the single bulb is here: https://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-trunk-led-bulb-bright-crisp-white-error-free-plug-play

I had installed the bulb in my ’16 Golf and subsequently my ‘17 GTI when I got it. I swapped it in to the Alltrack because in my wife’s ‘15 Golf I had purchased a full housing replacement. I swapped that into my GTI when we unloaded that car and got the alltrack and then the bulb from the GTI into the Alltrack because the housing looked different to me. But in any case, it works and doesn’t glow dimly from what I can tell.

This will likely work fine too: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...418/?year=2019&make=79&model=3908&scc_id=1418

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Thanks! I appreciate it. It's such a great place to have that extra amount of light. Especially on a wagon.
I hear you. Why they skimped on the trunk and glove box and put LED interior lighting everywhere else I can’t understand!

I ordered a superbrightLED.com bulb for the glovebox so we will see if that fits.