GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake valve cleaning at 130k

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I drive a 2015 and im only at 50k. I wonder when I should look into this...

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I would do it now so you can use a simple and inexpensive method as opposed to waiting and then needing walnut blasting.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-system/aerosol-carbon-eliminator/

Why this over the CRC option I’ve seen talked about? Is an intake manifold spacer style boost tap on the sensor the best way to go at this or just remove the sensor all together, blast into the hole and hope for the best?

Also looks like I can’t buy that easily...

Last edited:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Why this over the CRC option I’ve seen talked about? Is an intake manifold boost tap the best way to go at this or just remove the sensor all together, blast into the hole and hope for the best?

Personally for me if i were to go this route i would go through the sensor since you have a better chance of distributing it across all 4 cylinders vs just 2 of them. I also wouldn't go blessing, you gotta take your time and slowly do it

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Personally for me if i were to go this route i would go through the sensor since you have a better chance of distributing it across all 4 cylinders vs just 2 of them. I also wouldn't go blessing, you gotta take your time and slowly do it
I meant a spacer style boost tap at the sensor on the manifold, should have been more clear.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Do these aerosols really work? I have heard a lot about stuff like this a Seafoam, I just dont get how running all that carbon through the engine is good for it (if it really removes any).

Yes they work. The dealer did mine at 50K and it made a big difference. They used BG but CRC is good also.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why this over the CRC option I’ve seen talked about? Is an intake manifold spacer style boost tap on the sensor the best way to go at this or just remove the sensor all together, blast into the hole and hope for the best?

CRC is good also. The dealer did mine and they use BG. But if you're doing it yourself CRC is a great option.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I use the CRC GDI cleaner through the MAP sensor port. Remove the sensor and use a "000" one hole rubber stopper.

Recently did the wife's GLI same way with CRC (didn't have a stopper though) with 35K. She drives like an, uh, old woman, and probably have some deposits as a result. Don't know if they were extensive, or to what effect the cleaner had, but response is a bit better. I do know in the old Tiguan we had, the CRC had a drastic effect on response at 40K and 60K but was sprayed through turbo inlet vs. manifold.