GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - Would you be friends with a Prius driver?

POLE - Would you be friends with a Prius driver?

• YES - enough positive to outweigh it.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • YES - but only if you sack punch him every time you see him.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • NO - this should not even be an option.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Great pole, I often wonder this myself!

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • NEEK has officially hit bottom by considering this horrific thing.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
So I'm gonna necro this because I feel an update is kinda necessary and I just kinda dropped away after venting all my shit.

The divorce was pretty nasty, and my military career came to an end after 2 arrests but at least I got out with my dignity. Sold the house, went through a few construction jobs before I started working for Honeywell Aerospace summer of 2018. Paid off my GTI during that time, and met a wonderful (mentally stable) woman almost 3 years ago; on Monday we celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We moved to Kansas in September of last year, and we are doing pretty good. I'm still working for Honeywell, she is working for Garmin, and once this whole kung flu thing settles down we will probably buy a house.

If I could go back to myself 5 and a half years ago, I would have told him "Do what you know is the right thing, don't put yourself in any compromising situations, just stay as far away as you can and let her have everything because someone else's emotional problems aren't worth your sanity."

Ex and I talk every once in a while; she ended up getting pregnant a few months after our divorce and married the father. From our conversations it seems like she really had an awakening to her own toxic behavior; while she can't fix anything she did before, she offered what seemed to be a heartfelt apology and seemed happy to see me doing well. I think I've forgiven her for the most part too, and it seems like she's pretty happy; she's now a mom of 3 (her husband has a daughter from a previous marriage and they've had 2 more) and I've taken solace in the fact that while our relationship was a mess, we both learned some important lessons that we both sorely needed.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I'm gonna necro this because I feel an update is kinda necessary and I just kinda dropped away after venting all my shit.

The divorce was pretty nasty, and my military career came to an end after 2 arrests but at least I got out with my dignity. Sold the house, went through a few construction jobs before I started working for Honeywell Aerospace summer of 2018. Paid off my GTI during that time, and met a wonderful (mentally stable) woman almost 3 years ago; on Monday we celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We moved to Kansas in September of last year, and we are doing pretty good. I'm still working for Honeywell, she is working for Garmin, and once this whole kung flu thing settles down we will probably buy a house.

If I could go back to myself 5 and a half years ago, I would have told him "Do what you know is the right thing, don't put yourself in any compromising situations, just stay as far away as you can and let her have everything because someone else's emotional problems aren't worth your sanity."

Ex and I talk every once in a while; she ended up getting pregnant a few months after our divorce and married the father. From our conversations it seems like she really had an awakening to her own toxic behavior; while she can't fix anything she did before, she offered what seemed to be a heartfelt apology and seemed happy to see me doing well. I think I've forgiven her for the most part too, and it seems like she's pretty happy; she's now a mom of 3 (her husband has a daughter from a previous marriage and they've had 2 more) and I've taken solace in the fact that while our relationship was a mess, we both learned some important lessons that we both sorely needed.

I'm perplexed. The last post in this thread was over 4 years ago until you posted that.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
I'm perplexed. The last post in this thread was over 4 years ago until you posted that.
If you're confused, it's because it literally had nothing to do with you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you're confused, it's because it literally had nothing to do with you.

Didn't seemingly have anything to do with the misspelled post either. Poll not Pole. It was a ludicrous thread anyway and I can see why it didn't have any posts for four years until yours.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Didn't seemingly have anything to do with the misspelled post either. Poll not Pole. It was a ludicrous thread anyway and I can see why it didn't have any posts for four years until yours.

Just go back two pages - you'll see my previous posts on some personal shit I was dealing with 4 years ago.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Clearly you weren't around back then....golfmk6 off topic used to have thousands of posts a day.