GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Habor Frieght Jack Stands Recall

cb1111

I have 6 ton grey ones that look exactly like what is pictured in the recall, but mine look fine and are a different part number. I"ve always noticed HF tends to have same product with multiple part numbers, makes me think it's to distinguish different batches or made at a different factory etc. Anyways, I will continue to use mine.
Is your medical and life insurance paid up?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm sure these jack stands are sold under different brands made by one company. This type of jack stand has been around for a long time. I had a pair from my local auto parts store from like 15 years ago. I have a pair of the HF stands. My serial numbers don't match the ones on the recall. They are maybe two months old.

cb1111

I'm sure these jack stands are sold under different brands made by one company. This type of jack stand has been around for a long time. I had a pair from my local auto parts store from like 15 years ago. I have a pair of the HF stands. My serial numbers don't match the ones on the recall. They are maybe two months old.
Since the recall covers the period from 2012 until Feb 2020, I'd take them back anyway. I imagine that getting a car dropped on your body can be painful.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I’m here for the political ranting and thread locking!

Dr. Corprin says, “Buy stands with safety pins to prevent terminal squished body syndrome.“

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Since the recall covers the period from 2012 until Feb 2020, I'd take them back anyway. I imagine that getting a car dropped on your body can be painful.

Take back stands that are not part of the recall? How does that work? Theyre not part of the recall, ergo you can't get them replaced as such, no?

cb1111

Take back stands that are not part of the recall? How does that work? Theyre not part of the recall, ergo you can't get them replaced as such, no?
"Mr./Ms. Manager. Please write me a letter on HF letterhead stating that this jack is not part of a recall and is safe to use. That way, my heirs can sue HF when it fails."

I'm pretty sure that you'll get a refund.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
"Mr./Ms. Manager. Please write me a letter on HF letterhead stating that this jack is not part of a recall and is safe to use. That way, my heirs can sue HF when it fails."

I'm pretty sure that you'll get a refund.

Wat