GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 VW golf Highline - Convenience close

Mikael-VW

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf Highlin
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used 2018 VW Golf Highline and I was wondering if that model year has the automatic open/closed sunroof? When I open or close the sunroof from the inside, I need to hold the button until it is fully open. I owned a 2016 VW golf that had an automatic function, where I would press once and the sunroof would open fully.

I am now trying to use the Convenience Close function, where all windows and sunroof close when I hold my thumb on the driver handle, however nothing happens. All my other windows are automatic up and down. I'm starting to think that this has to do with the fact that the sunroof is not working automatically and that perhaps it needs to be fixed or re-calibrated?

I would really appreciate some advice/feedback on this!

Thanks in advance! :)

Mikael

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
You'll most likely have to code it using vcds or obd11

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Like impulsive said you will need to enable the remote windows setting via VCDS or OBD11. If you are in the Vancouver area I could help you out. If not I would suggest getting an OBD11 or VCDS as it is an extremely useful tool.

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
have you tried to sunroof reset. i had to do it on my gti. its the same kind of thing as resetting the auto up/down on the windows
Yep. I’ve had to do this a few times with my sunroof. Hold the sunroof button down and the sunroof will cycle through a complete open and close cycle. Let it go once it returns to the closed position. That procedure always has reset the one-touch open/ close for me.