GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
finance dept at the dealer. I’d also email after you speak and get everything confirmed in writing.
I called the dealership and I was told that VW care isn't something that can be refunded. That its part of the negotiated price of the vehicle. Is that true? Oursman VW of Laurel by the way. I wasn't honestly to impressed during the buying experience so Im not surprised they are going to make this harder than it needs to be.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I called the dealership and I was told that VW care isn't something that can be refunded. That its part of the negotiated price of the vehicle. Is that true?

Thats incorrect, have a look at your paperwork. You should be able to cancel it within a timeframe by calling VW and they will send you the refund check.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I called the dealership and I was told that VW care isn't something that can be refunded. That its part of the negotiated price of the vehicle. Is that true?

Since it was available this way, was it listed on the window sticker as a factory option? If so, yes, that can't be refunded.

Now if you bought it a la carte, (they offered the package as an option when you were dealing with the finance person) you might be able to cancel it & get it refunded.

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Since it was available this way, was it listed on the window sticker as a factory option? If so, yes, that can't be refunded.

Now if you bought it a la carte, (they offered the package as an option when you were dealing with the finance person) you might be able to cancel it & get it refunded.
I actually ended up chatting with VW directly. They said that it varies state to state. Here in Maryland it can be refunded up until 30 days from purchase or if the vehicle is totaled. Im at 32 days so 🤷‍♂️. Guess Ill jsut accept having to pay $215 for 2 oil changes. lol

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I actually ended up chatting with VW directly. They said that it varies state to state. Here in Maryland it can be refunded up until 30 days from purchase or if the vehicle is totaled. Im at 32 days so 🤷‍♂️. Guess Ill jsut accept having to pay $215 for 2 oil changes. lol

Did you call the dealer before the 30 days were up? I'd give the dealership hell if you missed the cutoff because they lied to you and then file a complaint with vwoa.

Last edited:

mk7_phil

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Did you call the dealer before the 30 days were up? I'd give the dealership hell if you missed the cutoff because they lied to you and then file a complaint with vwoa.
i did but it was like day 29 or 30 lol. I'm just gonna accept it. Was trying to avoid the dealer so that I wouldn't have to uninstall my JB4 but its not that big of a deal. 🤷‍♂️

sg11

So whats a good deal right now on a S with DSG? So far I got an offer on a 2019 of $3100 off with 0% for 72 months and another offer on a 2020 of $4000 off with standard financing.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
So whats a good deal right now on a S with DSG? So far I got an offer on a 2019 of $3100 off with 0% for 72 months and another offer on a 2020 of $4000 off with standard financing.

One should be able to do better than $3100 off sticker on a leftover 2019 especially in the current scenario. Deals are location specific and you might have to expand your search for a great deal.

F3NR15

Car(s)
Want a Golf R
$13000USD for a 50k driven 2013 Golf R 2.0T.
Came with aftermarket mods such as a stage 2 clutch, forged pistons, straight pipe(first thing I'm changing - to cat back), intake, built head, high/low pump, lower springs, 360 tint, s6 rims, gofastbits valve. Also fresh tires, rotors, brakes. Not sure what's standard but comes with nav, leather, heated, electric, sunroof. Runs nice, loud af, but nice.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
$13000USD for a 50k driven 2013 Golf R 2.0T.
Came with aftermarket mods such as a stage 2 clutch, forged pistons, straight pipe(first thing I'm changing - to cat back), intake, built head, high/low pump, lower springs, 360 tint, s6 rims, gofastbits valve. Also fresh tires, rotors, brakes. Not sure what's standard but comes with nav, leather, heated, electric, sunroof. Runs nice, loud af, but nice.
You should be on golfmk6.com

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I'm closing a deal on a new 2020 GLI S w/DSG for my wife this week. Hard to pass up 0% for 72 months, no payments for 4 months, and nearly $4k off MSRP!
  • MSRP: $28,370
  • Dealer list: $25,879
  • Negotiated price: $24,500

eajr

Go Kart Champion
MSRP: $34,245
  • Dealer online price: $28,717
  • Total price OTD: $23,450 with trade in.
I just picked up this 2019 Gti SE on Saturday.. I got 1% financing for 72 months. My credit wasn't good enough to qualify for 0%, but I was approved for 1%:cautious:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
MSRP: $34,245
  • Dealer online price: $28,717
  • Total price OTD: $23,450 with trade in.
I just picked up this 2019 Gti SE on Saturday.. I got 1% financing for 72 months. My credit wasn't good enough to qualify for 0%, but I was approved for 1%:cautious:

What did you trade in that they only gave you about 5K for plus tax?

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
I'm closing a deal on a new 2020 GLI S w/DSG for my wife this week. Hard to pass up 0% for 72 months, no payments for 4 months, and nearly $4k off MSRP!
  • MSRP: $28,370
  • Dealer list: $25,879
  • Negotiated price: $24,500

Nice. I was able to find a 2019 for under 23 grand. I really wanted the '19 MY for the extra warranty. These are great cars for the price, even @ sticker. The zero apr is icing on the cake. Congrats.