GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I use any VW SD card for the navigation?

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 67 plate (late 2017) Golf GTD MK7.5, however unfortunately the previous owner took the SD card for the navigation. It has the standard 8" Discover Media system and digital dash.

Can I buy any VW approved SD card from eBay and then update it from VW's website or do I need a specific card/version?

There was an empty box in the car, part no: 3G0 919 866 BC, though I'm not sure if this is the correct SD card for the car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
Any help please? Just need to know what SD card part number someone has from a MK7.5 to make sure I'm buying the right one.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
What does the handbook say?....I know for the older MIB1 you have to have a VW SD card from the dealer.....& if the previous owner has taken the SD card basically he has NOT handed over the car as sold..ie the Sat Nav not working....so have a go at the place you bought the car from....

DJ-GTD

Car(s)
Golf GTD MK7.5
What does the handbook say?....I know for the older MIB1 you have to have a VW SD card from the dealer.....& if the previous owner has taken the SD card basically he has NOT handed over the car as sold..ie the Sat Nav not working....so have a go at the place you bought the car from....

Unfortunately the handbook doesn't mention which SD is needed, just that one is needed. I got in contact with the company who sold the car and they didn't receive the SD card from the owner before them - my fault obviously for not checking, I thought it just needed an update!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I know the old "Pro" version just required any brand of SD card as it wasn't "locked" to the sat nav unit.....Don't know about the MIB2.5 units..

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
I think you need a VW SD card for Discovery Media V2.

I just bought and had to return an V2 card because it won't work in my 2014 car, I guess I need the V1 card.

Artheg7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan SEL R Premium
Hi all,

I've just picked up a 67 plate (late 2017) Golf GTD MK7.5, however unfortunately the previous owner took the SD card for the navigation. It has the standard 8" Discover Media system and digital dash.

Can I buy any VW approved SD card from eBay and then update it from VW's website or do I need a specific card/version?

There was an empty box in the car, part no: 3G0 919 866 BC, though I'm not sure if this is the correct SD card for the car?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

What´s your Infotainment Part Number?

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
You need an original SD Card,or if you want we can patch your unit to take any SD card.I suggest SanDisk Ultra,works best so far.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
You cant use any card.Card has to specific CID card for MIB2 STD.He already tried any card.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
You can use any SD Card. VW just recommend theirs because they can cope with the extremes of temperature you get inside a car.

You can download the maps for free, depending where you are in the world, from the vw website

If you're still trying to do this send me a message and I can help, I recently bought a 67 plate GTI and have got it all nicely updated and connected up.
Uh, no, not for Discover Media.

Sweeedzz

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.6 TDI | 105
Hi, you can disable the card's CID check by connecting to the mib via RJ45 and some command line, the only problem is that you need a specific USB A -> RJ45.
I did it when I switched from MIB1 to MIB2.5 and today I have a 64GB SD card at 8€ with europe. Works perfectly.