GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
I've had the same error multiple times. I bought the cobb app 3 weeks ago, and checked for codes.

P1734/2AOB keeps showing up:starter release from the selector lever sensor, which looks like an issue with the DSG

georoad

Car(s)
VW Golf 1.6 TDI DSG
In Europe they dont have recall for this. Authorized dealers change the gear selector. I started getting error on my golf, and I am wondering how serious is this. If i dont mind occasional beep on the display and put on parking brake always when parked, can it cause car to stop or dont start?

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
In Europe they dont have recall for this. Authorized dealers change the gear selector. I started getting error on my golf, and I am wondering how serious is this. If i dont mind occasional beep on the display and put on parking brake always when parked, can it cause car to stop or dont start?
It’s not serious, mine did it for a year until I got the recall.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

I had this error come up for 64000 km. No issues, just annoying.

LRGRI

Car(s)
Polo GTI
Hi all, I'm getting the same error message on my 2016 Polo GTI dsg. I am out of warranty with VW but have a second hand car warranty. The car has been with my local garage 3 times and they can't find anything. Without an error code from my actual car (I can't screenshot from here, they won't use it) i can't use my warranty. Any ideas on how to get the error code to store? Also, is this serious? Other than it appearing on the dash, is it ok to leave it? What happens when it eventually does break?

Thanks in advance!

LRGRI

Car(s)
Polo GTI
Hi all, I'm getting the same error message on my 2016 Polo GTI dsg. I am out of warranty with VW but have a second hand car warranty. The car has been with my local garage 3 times and they can't find anything. Without an error code from my actual car (I can't screenshot from here, they won't use it) i can't use my warranty. Any ideas on how to get the error code to store? Also, is this serious? Other than it appearing on the dash, is it ok to leave it? What happens when it eventually does break?

Thanks in advance!
Also, I'm from the UK so I can't get this done under a recall.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

Thanks in advance!

When this was happened to my standard Golf a VW dealer was able to pull an error code from memory even though I only experienced the issue a couple times so there should be something in there. At the time I had a trial to VW Car-Net and it also showed a warning on that system (but not a code).