GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

wizmk7gti

Passed Driver's Ed
All good up here, still working for now
I work at GE gas turbines, we've been declared" essential to the infrastructure " so we're working but most engineering is done form home, skeleton crews in many areas. 2cases so far plant wide, 1 had traveled to europe. Wife is working from home. Stay well everybody.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Hey John, you get new wheels? Seen ya around while I've been guarding the peace, but wheels look different.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Nope

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 154

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Being stealthy ;).

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
I need help, on my way home from work I had an axle bolt fall out and that meant the axle bolt plating bracket to swing down and hit things as the wheel turned. Now there is some dark grey grease around that bolt. What is that?? Can I simply get a new axle bolt and bracket or does the grease signify some more damaged?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Sounds like that bracket may have sliced through the CV axle boot and now grease is leaking out. I suggest getting it fixed ASAP as dirt and water can enter the boot and trash the CV joint. Did they remove the axle for your strut fix a while ago?

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
What part of SC? I am in Aiken. CSG GTI SE w/ LP, 6MT
Hey I live in Augusta. Is there any GTI or other Cars and Coffee events in the area?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hey I live in Augusta. Is there any GTI or other Cars and Coffee events in the area?
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Which APR tune did you go with? There aren’t any GTI specific events, C&C is every first Saturday at the Augusta Judicial Center. Next one should be in June at Carolina Dragway. Local meets are usually held Weds/Fri-Sun at random Sonics/Parking Lots.

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Which APR tune did you go with? There aren’t any GTI specific events, C&C is every first Saturday at the Augusta Judicial Center. Next one should be in June at Carolina Dragway. Local meets are usually held Weds/Fri-Sun at random Sonics/Parking Lots.
Thanks for the insight. I will definitely plan at being at the next one in June. Is there a website or group I can follow to get updates? I went with an APR Stage 1. I bought the car in April from the VW in Hilton Head who is a certified APR installer. I ended up buying the tune before I even drove it off the lot :) The service dealer and several of the salesmen had APR tunes on their cars and they assured me that I didn't need to worry about the warranty, that they knew how to work around it. Well see...