GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Engine and Trans Mounts

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Anyone running the Revo mounts? Seems like everyone runs bfi, which I had BFI on my last R. Was planning on ordering them again until I saw the price increase on the trans mount (I know its billet now). Are the revo ones decent or should I bite the bullet.

Car is ultimately going to be stage 2 w a jb4 stack. All the bolt ons and the jb4 are going on this month. Flashes will come whenever covid is over.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I've been eyeing these for a while now. Be a Guinea pig and let us know! I have heard that the nvh is horrible, so keep that in mind.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I've been eyeing these for a while now. Be a Guinea pig and let us know! I have heard that the nvh is horrible, so keep that in mind.

Ha. Can't afford to be a guinea pig this time around. Need it to be as close to stock as possible so the NVH being horrible is concerning.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
You could try the BFI insert for the transmission mount instead if you wanted to be more cost effective. I think there’s a guy selling the inserts on the classifieds here if you’re interested in converting your stock transmission mount.

I haven't heard much in terms of the Revo motor/transmission mounts.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
They were pretty popular a couple years back when they came out. Revo doesn’t have a huge presence in the US, particularly on the mk7 platform. Like APR, they make high quality hardware. IIRC, the Revo mounts had a lot of NVH. Unless you don’t care, and can get them wildly cheaper than BFI, I would just go with the BFI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion