GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
Just need some help. Can the 7.5 headlights be retrofitted to the mk7? If yes, do you know anyone who is doing them and what price?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Just need some help. Can the 7.5 headlights be retrofitted to the mk7? If yes, do you know anyone who is doing them and what price?
You could do it but you would need fenders from a mk7.5 as well, they're slightly different then the mk7

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
@Tooly thanks for your reply.

my mk7 is fully converted to a 7.5 including headlights but some pr*ck has cracked one headlight when it was parked which doesn’t work anymore. Need to replace both as don’t know part number for headlights so can’t just order any. I’d rather pay that go through a whole heap of headache. I’m thinking the work is done already but I know it’s not as simple as just ordering another headlight and putting it on. Because I don’t know the part number for the headlight what would be the best thing to do?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The part number of your cracked headlight should be on there. Typically the stickers are on the inside where the grill meets the headlight.
0179046A-91EC-4A45-B5E6-41F2EFAFB811.jpeg

E427110C-669C-429F-98F1-73B7E9681F1D.jpeg

RHD vehicle headlights typically start with 5G2 ... ... . Order exactly the same part number and you should be good to go.

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
The part number of your cracked headlight should be on there. Typically the stickers are on the inside where the grill meets the headlight.
View attachment 171965
View attachment 171968
RHD vehicle headlights typically start with 5G2 ... ... . Order exactly the same part number and you should be good to go.
That’s the problem. The stickers have been removed (before I bought the vehicle). Thinking what I should do?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I would think you could go to the dealer and they can look it up for you. You have an R so it's the headlights without the red strips like the GTI has. If the dealer wants a VIN, just look on their lot and see if they have something with the same headlights and give them that VIN. You're sure these are OEM headlights and not reps right?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
That’s the problem. The stickers have been removed (before I bought the vehicle). Thinking what I should do?
Are you sure they're not aftermarket? I don't know if aftermarket puts the labels on but I don't see someone going through the effort to remove oem labels from a light

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
I would think you could go to the dealer and they can look it up for you. You have an R so it's the headlights without the red strips like the GTI has. If the dealer wants a VIN, just look on their lot and see if they have something with the same headlights and give them that VIN. You're sure these are OEM headlights and not reps right?
i know label has been taken of as person I bought car told me but doesn’t remember part number. He just says he had a Full front end collision and so face lifting cost Only a little more amount Than buying mk7 full front end. Dealers won’t know what headlight it is without VIN which I don’t have. Will it all have to be re-wired again? Is that the only solution? Right now all I have is the left light working the whole right light has malfunctioned. Waiting to see if my neighbours cameras caught what happened to the light at night.

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
Are you sure they're not aftermarket? I don't know if aftermarket puts the labels on but I don't see someone going through the effort to remove oem labels from a light
I’m thinking the only thing I can do, is order Two new headlight and then they have to be re-wires again? Unless I keep on orderIng right headlights and eventually fine the one that fits. But that’s would be quite difficult.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
I installed the mk7.5 vw oem euro tails on my NAR Mk7 today w/ zero's harness. I have NOT coded the lights yet, my odb 11 will be here by the end of this week (hopefully). I was under the assumption when I utilized his harness the lights would work correctly but would not have the dynamic turn signal. The lights are working (they light up) however, when I put the running lights or the headlights on the amber turn signal is STATIC and remains ON with the rest of the light. Anyone know if this is normal and when I code it will go away?

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
Just ordered a set of mk7.5 euro tails for my 17 Sport (will be ordering Zero's harness as well) off E-Acca! I've been in contact with Anna (E-Acca) and ZERO815 (forum) and they both have been super responsive and helpful with all the questions I had. Thank you all the information in this thread. Can't wait to get and install them!!

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Just ordered a set of mk7.5 euro tails for my 17 Sport (will be ordering Zero's harness as well) off E-Acca! I've been in contact with Anna (E-Acca) and ZERO815 (forum) and they both have been super responsive and helpful with all the questions I had. Thank you all the information in this thread. Can't wait to get and install them!!

That's awesome! I also finally pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago after having bought Zero's harness and it sitting on my desk for nearly 2 years, haha. Still haven't heard back from E-Acca as of yet (other than receipt of payment). *Sigh* the waiting game is never fun...

zh7575

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Installed a set of 7.5 tail lights on my 2017 Mk7 GTI using USP’s coding instructions, but the turn signals aren’t dynamic and blink together and the rear fog light is always on. Any ideas to correct this issue??